Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Lol.!!!!!

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    Check the transom thoroughly. If you can’t afford a new boat - like most of us, and don’t want a money pit I’d go look for a 1987 1/2 model year Ranger- 100 percent fiberglass transoms. With those you at least know the transom won’t be rotten. Your back might need some adjustment but your boat transom will be solid. Lol
    I've seen pix of Rangers on the ramp with the transom, jack plate & outboard lying on the pavement. Them fiberglass or other composite transoms will come out too ... That video above shows a broken Skeeter transom lying on the floor.

Don't kid yourself. They're ALL money pits.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

4. Member
    Update, I'm still waiting for the shop to evaluate the Transom on this 1990 Champion 201 I'm currently considering buying. I'm eating a huge bag of popcorn on this one, Trying to make the correct decision.

5. Member
    What kind of deal are you getting on the boat? I think if you give more details, people can give more insight into the deal(motor, electronics, trolling motor, etc)

6. Member
    I tried posting a picture of the 1990 champion 201 I'm thinking about buying, but I keep having problems getting the right crop size for this site to download. Got frustrated and gave up. Grrrrrrrrrr

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarKimBassTeam2021 View Post
    I tried posting a picture of the 1990 champion 201 I'm thinking about buying, but I keep having problems getting the right crop size for this site to download. Got frustrated and gave up. Grrrrrrrrrr
    Poor craftsman that blames his tools 1024x800 is the size the site uses. Looks like you're looking at a Ranger with a 2000 Rude now. Pass on that motor it is a one off and parts are hard to find and you need EVdiags to work on it. That's a pre BRP motor.

That's twice Fred's warned you about that motor. You would be wise to head his advice.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

9. Member
    Gotcha on that Evinrude! If I do decide to buy it I'll definitely make sure it's a huge Deal of a price and I'll be planning on repowering it in the future, the Evinrude is on a real nice Ranger, that's what really has my attention. But I'm also considering this Champion also. Just need to decide or keep looking for other Boats.

10. Member
    I'm definitely not a computer geek, so how do I get a picture to be 1024 x 800? . I just figured this out. Sometimes I can post a picture from my snap shots and sometimes I can't. I do not know what determines the size they are, or how to find out.

11. Member
    I just can't figure this out. Is what I meant to say.

12. Member
    Hey TxChamp what video are you referring to about the Skeeter transom? Didn't see any video posted.

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The video I posted on page 1 of this thread. A little ways into it there is a broken transom lying on the floor and either Ken or Chris commented it was out of a Skeeter.

14. Member
    Saw it Tx Champ. Must of swiped right past it in the beginning. Good information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12