Jack Plates questions

Ive been down this deep rabbit hole the last couple of days. Weather needs to hurry up and get nicer so I can start fishing instead of digging a deeper hole.

What jack plates and sizes are you guys running or came from the factory on your 201d's? I currently have a pro hi-jacker 6" plate on mine with a Mariner 225 Mag. Looked at my build sheet at that's the combo it came with. When I looked up the jack plate its rated for 175hp engine. Curious if anyone is running the same jack plate with 200+hp engine? Thos2 of you that upgraded what size offset did you go to?

You guys have been awesome answering questions. This year 3 of owning a boat, all is new to many and im learning A LOT!!!!

2. Member
    Not sure what mine came from the factory with, but it had an 8" Z-Lock on it when I bought it. I swapped it for a 12" Rapid Jack when I had the transom rebuilt.
    2017 Phoenix 721 Pro XP
    2017 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Search the archives, but there was one guy that did extensive testing with various jack plates, I think he said a 10" worked the best on the 201. I want to say his name was "fishing psychologist"?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdempsey18 View Post
    Not sure what mine came from the factory with, but it had an 8" Z-Lock on it when I bought it. I swapped it for a 12" Rapid Jack when I had the transom rebuilt.
    Are you happy with the Rapid Jack? I think I’m going to go with the 9” though, not sure enough hoses to go to 12”.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx 201 View Post
    Search the archives, but there was one guy that did extensive testing with various jack plates, I think he said a 10" worked the best on the 201. I want to say his name was "fishing psychologist"?
    It's just "Psychologist". I've talked to him before and read all of his posts. His best experience was 12" setback but I'm not sure what brand it was. He is also the reason I'm running a 25p Trophy Plus.
    2017 Phoenix 721 Pro XP
    2017 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cane72 View Post
    Are you happy with the Rapid Jack? I think I’m going to go with the 9” though, not sure enough hoses to go to 12”.
    I am happy with mine, I haven't had any issues. Just make sure your transom is strong if you're going to go to a larger setback.
    2017 Phoenix 721 Pro XP
    2017 Mercury 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdempsey18 View Post
    I am happy with mine, I haven't had any issues. Just make sure your transom is strong if you're going to go to a larger setback.
    Thank you! Im worried im going to get bad news about a bad transom when the switch happens.

8. Member
    I have a 8" rapidjack magnum I would let go of since you are kinda close to me

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Codyg_3 View Post
    I have a 8" rapidjack magnum I would let go of since you are kinda close to me
    Pm sent

10. Member
    The original JP on mine was an 8", but when I did the work on the engine, I decided to move up to 10" Slidemaster which is set at 2 7/8" P2P. I am running an 03 Merc 225EFI swinging a Tempest + 26" pitch.