Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by heelamonster View Post
    Question on the new Walters Jerkbait rod - it shows the lure ratings on Daiwa site as 1/2 - 1 1/2 which seems heavy for a jerkbait rod. Are those rating correct?
    I was playing around with this model today, and yes, as odd as it seems, the rating is printed as 1/2 oz to 1.5 oz. Now, the Lucky Craft Pointer 128 is a chunk of a jerk bait at 1 oz. I don't throw that bait very often, but based on what I do use for that bait, I could actually see this rod being able to handle it. Again, I haven't fished it yet, but it certainly does have a lot of power and a pretty deep flex into the blank. It wouldn't be my first choice for a Vision 110, but I bet it will handle a Vision 110+2 very nicely.

2. Member
    I actually wouldn’t mind if they did away with ags guides after reading many peoples experiences with them. Would love a non-ags version of the ehrler 7’ m-mh rod.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    I was playing around with this model today, and yes, as odd as it seems, the rating is printed as 1/2 oz to 1.5 oz. Now, the Lucky Craft Pointer 128 is a chunk of a jerk bait at 1 oz. I don't throw that bait very often, but based on what I do use for that bait, I could actually see this rod being able to handle it. Again, I haven't fished it yet, but it certainly does have a lot of power and a pretty deep flex into the blank. It wouldn't be my first choice for a Vision 110, but I bet it will handle a Vision 110+2 very nicely.
    I have the 6’ 9” Seth Fieder rod and I use it for 110’s. The tip/action is WAY to soft in my opinion, I can’t actually jerk a jerkbait because the rod absorbs the twitch and turns it into a pull.

I’m hoping the Patrick Walters rod has the faster tip with a preserved parabolic action.

Any idea?

4. Member
    I heard some rumors that Daiwa will be releasing AGS models at iCast. Can anyone confirm this?

5. Member
    Think about this...
    right now Seth Feider has only one rod that he designed in this series, the 6-9ml. As much as he loves the 7-0 MMH AGS rod do you think they are gonna drop it without replacing it with something else? I don't know if it will be Icast or not but I would look for a MMH replacement rod with his name on it. Might not be 7-0 either since he also uses the Kage 7-3 a lot.

6. Member
    Anyone have the scoop on the Patrick walters jerbait rod? Is it a noodle like the Seth fieder rod?

7. Member
    No it’s a lot different than Seth’s haven’t caught a fish on it yet but it felt nice

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    I have the 6’ 9” Seth Fieder rod and I use it for 110’s. The tip/action is WAY to soft in my opinion, I can’t actually jerk a jerkbait because the rod absorbs the twitch and turns it into a pull.

I’m hoping the Patrick Walters rod has the faster tip with a preserved parabolic action.

Any idea?
    i looked for a use feider rod, missed all of the sales on them, and finally give up a grabed a fuego 6'9m reg action for jerkbaits. it has worked out perfect the 3 or 4 trips i have used it. it was only $80 shipping and all

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    On the topic of the the 7'6 Seth rod, hair jigs are the one thing I don't throw on that rod. I love it for 2.75 swimmers, drop shots, spy baits, and 1/8 and 3/16 neds. It's just a bit strong for hair. The 7'6 kage is much better suited for hair.
    Totally agree with this statement. You can throw hair on the SF 7'6", but it is not the ideal action for that application. A tad too stiff for my liking, but it is a fantastic Neko, Wacky and heavier Ned Rigs rod if you like longer rods for those applications. I find it best for single hook applications, and bordering on slightly too still for tiny treble bait applications like spybaits.

10. Member
    What's a good a rig rod in this line up for lets say a one once

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishingLTN View Post
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakesareabassin View Post
    I'm going to pile on here, the lack of AGS is extremely disappointing. The Ehler 7'0 AGS rod is such a great rod, I was hoping for an updated version with the AGS guides. Shoot.
    Yes, but…. Those AGS guides are waaaay too brittle. I’ve been fishing 50 years and I think I’ve had to replace 5 guides in my life. Three of them were AGS on the Ehrler rod.

Quote Originally Posted by FryDog62 View Post
    Yes, but…. Those AGS guides are waaaay too brittle. I’ve been fishing 50 years and I think I’ve had to replace 5 guides in my life. Three of them were AGS on the Ehrler rod.
    To each their own. I fish a lot and the Steez AGS rods are a staple for me. I've never broken one that wasn't my fault going back to the original series of Steez with AGS guides. The vast majority of broken AGS guides are due to user error.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishingLTN View Post
    There isn't a specific A-Rig rod in the series, but the 7'4" Heavy Ish Monroe "Frog" rod will handle a one ounce total weight A-rig easily.

14. Member
    I fish a lot of the AGS guides either on the Steez, that Tatula Elites and the St. Croix Xtremes and I've had to send in 3 rods with a broken guide as well. They got them back really quick and fixed them and never charged me anything, plus I think all of them broke do to my fault. For the amount of time I use them and only 3 guides in 4 years I'm fine with that. They add a lot to the rod imo. I'm excited for the new release of the AGS models. I still have 2 of the Ehler 7MMH and they are fantastic! Will definitely upgrade one when they come out as a refreshed version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12