CheeseHead heading to Nashville-JPP April 1-8

Looking for General Bass fishing info on and around JPP April 1-8. Towing the Caracal and the family from Wisconsin. I have narrowed my VRBO search to the east of Nashville no need to be downtown. I did post this in Lounge but figured I might get local responses here. The Chic is a farther ride than I thought, I will not be going there. Not to mention I heard the pressure there is crazy this time of the year. I know JPP gets a fair amount of pressure as well. Any thoughts, tips, or suggestions appreciated. No spots, general areas are fine, boat landings, etc. I have Navionics on the Bird, no Lakemaster.

If anyone knows of lodging that caters to Bass Rigs I would be all ears. Unfortunately I will not be able to fish every day, Predators game, and the normal tourist stuff. Looking to get 3-4 days on the water.

Thanks Again
    Charlie

Fate Sanders marina. Just be careful running. You can get out of the channel real quick and be in a foot or less before you kno it. Can't go wrong cranking a squarebill. Spinnerbait should be coming on then to.
    1999 Blazer 202 pro v 200 mercury efi

3. Member
    sent you a PM

4. Member
    Be very careful. Channel makes lots of twists and turns and much of the time there is just one buoy (thus you have to know which way is upstream). Lots of rock piles and shallow areas. A good map chip and contour shading on your unit is very much needed. On a brighter note, fishing should be decent then.
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

5. Member
    This was Tuesday the 7!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow! Is Old Hickory's water level the same?

When Preist is low is the good time in my opinion when it is up is when all that stuff is 3ft or less under water. Old Hickory not much easier to navigate only advantage to it you only get stuck in mud not rock bars.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

8. Member
    The water level doesn’t fluctuate much on Old Hickory, but yes as stated, JPP can be rough to navigate, definitely at winter pool. Water levels will start coming up in April if I remember correctly, but I’d still be very careful.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullbynoon View Post
    Wow! Is Old Hickory's water level the same?
    Old Hickory is easier to navigate, and it's not subject to the water level fluctuations of Priest. That doesn't mean you can run wide open wherever you want.

Regardless of which lake you visit, use a good map and take it easy. I would offer to let you use my map card, but I run Lowrance units.
    2023 Puma STS

UPDATE:Attachment 516327I booked a place on Old Hickory. No knock on JPP, but white knuckling runs or idling for ever will not maximize my fishing time. Getting on the water is a huge bonus. The place looks like its across from Cages Bend Campground, possibly behind the main river channel island.
    Just got the snow last night, come on man! The Robins are Mad!

Thanks again for all the helpful information!

All I can say is WoW!

The Old Hickory gets throttled by you Guys! Not a bad thing just far more fishing pressure than I expected. The number of bass boats on a Tuesday and everyday we were on the water was amazing. A shout out to everyone we talked to. Everyone was friendly, helpful and just great to talk to. Thanks to the High School Angler in the Ranger. The creek you suggested was good to my son and I. We might have missed the big chew by a few weeks. The bass seemed a bit finicky prior to the spawn. I had 62 degree water temp yesterday. Ned or shaky head worked best. Good luck and watch out for those floaters. We tried to move one yesterday after shutting down, wind pushed it to the bank.

Good luck and Good Karma to everyone we talked with in your next Derby!

12. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullbynoon View Post
    All I can say is WoW!

The Old Hickory gets throttled by you Guys! Not a bad thing just far more fishing pressure than I expected. The number of bass boats on a Tuesday and everyday we were on the water was amazing. A shout out to everyone we talked to. Everyone was friendly, helpful and just great to talk to. Thanks to the High School Angler in the Ranger. The creek you suggested was good to my son and I. We might have missed the big chew by a few weeks. The bass seemed a bit finicky prior to the spawn. I had 62 degree water temp yesterday. Ned or shaky head worked best. Good luck and watch out for those floaters. We tried to move one yesterday after shutting down, wind pushed it to the bank.

Good luck and Good Karma to everyone we talked with in your next Derby!
    Glad you had a good trip and the people around here lived up to our reputation. You are absolutely correct. OH gets HAMMERED every day from March to November. Pretty much a tournament somewhere on the lake every day of the week I believe.