Shout out to Briley's

I picked up used 70's Browning O/IU at a good price to use as a field gun but it had 30" barrels with fixed chokes (Mod and Improved Mod) that also had some marks on the end of the barrels. Sent it into Briley's to have it shortened by 2" and have screw in choke tubes installed (they offered a 5 pack option and you get to pick em). Got a call yesterday that it was already being shipped back with the work completed after only having it 5 days! Had read online sometimes this would take weeks to months...so pleasantly surprised with the fast turn around.

2. Banned
    They do great work.

Nice! Always heard good things about them, and they will be at the top of the list if I need work like that.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

4. Member
    I inherited a first generation citori that is full/full and thought about sending it in to them but that service is pretty spendy. Parts for the first generation are hard to get so I am not sure I want to put heavy use on it so I just us it as is. I do not prefer a full choke but it sure does dust the clays when you hit them.

I may still have one of the barrel's fixed choke opened up to mod.

BTW does the end of the barrel seem flared now or is the OD the same size as before?

Great! Now go enjoy that gun.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    BTW does the end of the barrel seem flared now or is the OD the same size as before?
    You cannot tell if the gun has chokes in or not. There is no flare/bulge at the end of the barrel. I’ve had Briley install their “thin wall” chokes in 2 SxS’s and the work is always excellent. Also had them regulate the barrels on one of the guns.

angleiron….why did you want to shorten that barrel ???
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

Quote Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
    You cannot tell if the gun has chokes in or not. There is no flare/bulge at the end of the barrel. I’ve had Briley install their “thin wall” chokes in 2 SxS’s and the work is always excellent. Also had them regulate the barrels on one of the guns.

angleiron….why did you want to shorten that barrel ???
    Bought the gun used, and it was a little dinged up at the ends of the barrels.

8. Member
    Minor dings and dents On a shotgun barrel can be fixed by someone with the correct knowledge.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I inherited a first generation citori that is full/full and thought about sending it in to them but that service is pretty spendy. Parts for the first generation are hard to get so I am not sure I want to put heavy use on it so I just us it as is. I do not prefer a full choke but it sure does dust the clays when you hit them.

I may still have one of the barrel's fixed choke opened up to mod.

You might consider Art's of Mizzourah.

https://artsgunshop.com

Or Kolar Arms.

https://www.kolararms.com

Midwest Gunworks.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com

10. Member
    Im hoping to come across a really cheap beat up shotgun to mess with. Have played around with bluing a bit and have rebuilt equipment for years. Might as well try taking an old shotgun or revolver and seeing what I can do. Keeps me entertained.