Hartwell lodging

Looking to come to hartwell bass fishing. Where is a good place to stay with boat hook ups. What area is the best to launch at? Looking for more of a fish camp or hotel not a house rental. Be toward the end of march. Any help is appreciated. What are the current water conditions

2. Member
    Dang people come from out of state to fish Hartwell? I say that cause its the closest big lake 1 hour from me and its the last lake I would go to just my preference I guess. You can find any water you want to fish right now muddy to gin clear that may change we are expected 2 get 2 inches of rain this week. If I was coming down from KY I would just go to murrary it has been on fire there. On the ramps tho I would stay away from the small ones friendship, coneross, 18 mile. Lots of break ins and cat thefts Go to the larger ones Broyles or greenpond. My buddy has been killing them with an underspin at lake Hardwell.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FALCONflyer200 View Post
    Dang people come from out of state to fish Hartwell? I say that cause it’s the closest big lake 1 hour from me and it’s the last lake I would go to just my preference I guess. You can find any water you want to fish right now muddy to gin clear that may change we are expected 2 get 2 inches of rain this week. If I was coming down from KY I would just go to murrary it has been on fire there. On the ramps tho I would stay away from the small ones friendship, coneross, 18 mile. Lots of break ins and cat thefts Go to the larger ones Broyles or greenpond. My buddy has been killing them with an underspin at lake Hardwell.
    I have been coming down to hartwell several times a year for over 30 years. I hope to retire in that area one day.

to the OP. I’ve used every ramp on the lake from the most secluded to green pond and never had any issues. If you are looking to stay somewhere with hookups there is a Koa campground with camp cabins. I usually stay in hartwell at the daynite inn. Not the greatest place but I’m there to fish……all I do is sleep in the motel room. Never had any issues there I’ve been staying there for years. Usually a lot of contractors staying there when I’m there. I do keep everything locked up but hartwell, ga is a nice place and not really one of those rat holes you worry about.

The end of March is an awesome time to be there. I will be there the last week of March. The way the weather is setting up the spawn should be in full swing. The Shad spawn and herring spawn might be going as well. If you have any other questions send me a pm. You probably won’t get much help from the sc crowd as they think hartwell is the Dead Sea.