225 pro xs lower unit

I need a torqemaster lower unit for a 2007 mercury 225 pro xs. Serial no. 1A91129. Can someone recommend a reliable place to purchase one. Would a reman lower unit be a good choice? Also, my lower unit is black in color. Everything that I am finding is silver in color. Is there a difference besides color?
    Thanks

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please check your serial number- it should be a digit, a letter, and six digits.

The letter in your engine's serial number will NOT be "A".

Occasionally we can get some CPO/REMAN gearcases, but they're not real common.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I just had a new Lower unit fitted to my 2008 225 pro xs as an insurance repair. I sent photos and the serial number (1B555161) to the dealer, and on collection they have fitted a silver unit...the previous was black ? ��

Is this 'normal', are they are they only available in Silver as a 'replacement' part ... or has the dealer ordered the wrong part?

I 'think' its a Torque Master but I'm guessing, its was a standard pro xs when I purchased as far as I'm aware.....

Any thoughts appreciated ��

4. Member
    all new torquemasters from MERC will be silver GEN 1 and GEN 2
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Thanks for tuning in, its the peace of mind I was looking for just to be sure they hadn't fitted the wrong one.

��

6. Member
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................