Headed to Toledo bend!!!

Buddy and I are headed to the Great Lake of Toledo next week. March 5th Thru the 10th. Would take any pointers for fishing or accommodations. Probably hop over and fish Sam Rayburn for couple days after. Just kinda a fishing vacation. Thanks in advance.

Some bigguns being caught shallow. I’m not a Facebooker or techy but my wife was showing me some pics posted. 10 lber shallow frippen. 2 ft of h20. That time of year.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

3. Member
    The lake is in good shape. Good grass in places. Both generators have been running so the lake is dropping a little. Doesn’t seem to matter which direction you go. They are biting good. 3 good sized tournaments on the 11th & 12th
    Brandon
    04 Ranger 520

4. Member
    Yea we seen the big tournaments we thought we would leave on Friday and go over to sam rayburn or maybe even Palestine. Were just couple old guys wanting to go fishing not get in the way lol!!! Thanks for all the info really appreciate it

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwilliams2 View Post
    Yea we seen the big tournaments we thought we would leave on Friday and go over to sam rayburn or maybe even Palestine. Were just couple old guys wanting to go fishing not get in the way lol!!! Thanks for all the info really appreciate it
    Rayburn gets plenty of big tournaments every weekend.

6. Member
    I was born and raised in Wichita area. I spent a summer in Hutch buying oil leases in Reno County during my college years. It was a nice town with some good golf courses. I met a lot of good people there that summer.
    Fishing down here will get you fired up about East Texas. I am learning Palestine and should be fishing it and Fork that week.
    This week I am learning Bob Sandlin for my grandson's HS bass fishing team's tournament this Saturday. So far, fish are winning.
    Weather was 80 yesterday with slight breezes-a perfect fishing day. Water was 55 mostly but warmed in places to 60 by 4:00.
    Every day should get better the next few weeks. You should be right on the money with the full moon. Just have to watch for the occasional thunderstorms which you boys should be used to in Kansas. So far, it seems the bad ones have been headed north of I-20.
    Good luck and Good fishing.

Good luck on your trip! One of my favorite lakes, I hope to go back soon!

8. Member
    Thank you guys really looking forward to it. Thanks for the help.

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Enjoy your trip to TX!

10. Member
    Thanks. We’re leaving in the morning looks like we’re gunna have good time hopefully fingers crossed.

11. Member
    You will have a good time. Fished Bob Sandlin last Sunday and Tuesday from 11-4. Kids caught 3 and I caught 2 as water warmed up. Then a cold front and water temp dropped down to 54 to start their Saturday tournament. Kids caught 8, mostly small ones. 10.92 was big bass! Afternoon bite was definitely good but there was an early bite as well. Next 3 days are 80 plus down here with only slight south winds. You should be good.
    My grandson and I are fishing Palestine today. Fork tomorrow for me for three days.

12. Member
    Thanks. We’re leaving in the morning looks like we’re gunna have good time hopefully fingers crossed.
    How did the trip to Toledo Bend go any report or update ?

13. Member
    The trip was a success absolutely beautiful weather. We got down there on a Monday fished till Saturday. We caught a lot of fish. Biggest was about 4.5 not monster. But a lot 2lbers. Actually taking the wife back on the 27th for another week. Had a blast.