150 flash computer to 175

Model 8150F13HD S/N 2B476985
    One of the local guys told me that they could "flash" my 150 and make it a 175
    Is that really possible?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'm going to say that it might be wise to not let this "local guy" work on your 150. Not quite sure how he's going to "flash" two more cylinders into your engine.

Definitely illegal, and definitely not physically possible.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

thank you, I thought he was wrong, but had to ask just so I knew I was correct

A couple boats ago, I had one of those "local guys" tell me he could flash my old 60HP to a 75. I smiled and declined.
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

I wonder if your local guy can flash my Chevette into a Corvette? If so, I am going to give it a shot! That would be worth a trip to WI!

Triton TR186DC / Mercury 175 Pro XS 4s Serial #3B043278 / Dual 12' Talons / Dual Solix 12" SI / Mega 360 / Garmin 1242xsv w/ LiveScope LVS34 / Motorguide TM / Bob’s 6" Hydraulic JP

Quote Originally Posted by BassBustingDave View Post
    I wonder if your local guy can flash my Chevette into a Corvette? If so, I am going to give it a shot! That would be worth a trip to WI!
    If your chevette has a yamaha SHO in it I bet he can .
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!