Beltzville Question

Live about an hour from Beltzville. Passed it a bunch of times when visiting Jim Thorpe multiple times. It's unlimited HP correct?

2. Member
    Yes, it is

3. Member
    Yes ,unlimited but at boat launch look for the sign that shows no wake zones ,

4. Member
    Unlimited, but there is 45 MPH speed limit. Watch out for the no wake zones.

5. Member
    45 MPH speed limit , thats new to me been on the water couple times and boats running up and down doing way over 45 , I'm confused

6. Member
    I forgot about the 45mph. Thanks for the reminder.
    From the website....
    The 949-acre Beltzville Lake has a maximum boating speed of 45 mph. Most types of recreational boats are permitted. Please check with the park office if there is a question as to the type of watercraft permitted.
    https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/F...s/Boating.aspx

7. Member
    Thanks. Looking forward to this trip since I have never been there but place looks great. Any tips on a good time to go? Does this lake get a lot of pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by cwenbass View Post
    Thanks. Looking forward to this trip since I have never been there but place looks great. Any tips on a good time to go? Does this lake get a lot of pressure?
    Best times are before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. The lake gets a TON for pressure from fisherman and the boat traffic is crazy.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    Thanks. I'll check it out in a few weeks.

10. Moderator
    Just a heads up docs out of water for winter. Beltzville has a love hate relationship with a lot of people. Go check it out and let us know what you think.

11. Member
    I live 45 minutes south of beltzville. Its one of my favorite lakes. Livescope really helps fish that place. Lots of pressure, but most guys go down the bank and throw senkos, and thats just not where most of the fish live. Let me know if you ever want some company.

12. Member
    Probably my favorite lake to fish and NO I don’t have or need livescope to fish it. If you don’t know how to catch fish normally, you might need livescope, it’s good for people that struggle at fishing. I’ve done very well on this body of water but have spent a lot of time on it also. Now after saying that I will say majority of people hate this lake and equate it to the ‘Dead Sea’. It can be an extremely difficult lake, especially during the summertime when it gets swamped with pleasure boaters and other fishermen.
    Last edited by bigfoot17; 03-04-2023 at 08:36 PM.

13. Member
    Thanks for the info. Going to check out this spring for sure.