Thread: Mill Creek

Mill Creek

I haven't been to Mill Creak in many, many years. When I did fish it, the fishing was very good. How is Mill Creek these days? Thanks!

2. Member
    It's fine. Our club usually hits it in the spring. We'll be there in April. Launch fee went up a lot, it's $30 now out of county. They've got a 4 under 15" and 1 over 15" limit. There's usually a couple of 4's or 5's brought in. We catch the snot out of shorts. It's fun.

3. Member
    I’m 20 minutes away. Been fishing there for 30 years. It got pretty crappy for several years but now it’s coming back and it’s actually pretty awesome. Lots and lots of 3-6 lb fish and my father and I always catch a few over 7 every year. I caught a 7.98 last February. They have a slot limit. If you’re in a team tournament you can have 2 over 15 and 3 in the slot. It’s pretty stupid really in my opinion. There’s a lot of days that if you could just do the normal 5 fish limit with 5 over 15 inches there would be several 20+ lb bags weighed in. I was just there Saturday2/25 and caught 5 in the 14-15 inch range and one about 4 lbs. The water was dirty around the ramp and clear on down the lake with water temps 41-43 degrees.

4. Member
    That's how we do our club tournaments...unless we have someone by themselves, in that case we do 4 under and 1 over for everyone.

5. Member
    Pretty healthy lake. One of my clubs will be fishing it twice this year, once April 2nd, once later. Slot limit can make it tricky to get a good limit. But some big ones to be had out there.

6. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    Is that the lake just north of Newsom Lake or are you talking about Newsom?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickPro201 View Post
    Is that the lake just north of Newsom Lake or are you talking about Newsom?
    In between Charleston and Terre Haute