Thread: Coffey County

Coffey County

Tried my luck yesterday and braved the chilly wind. Found a little spot with a few fish on it and caught 12 largemouth. The biggest being 4-7.
    16506.jpg
    My goal of catching a bass every month will be easier now until Nov gets here.

2. Member
    1990 Champion 184
    Yamaha proV150
    Garmin Electronics

3. Member
    That is a healthy looking fish
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

4. Member
    Congratulations! I also have the goal of catching at least one bass a month every year. February was the month that ruined it for me last year. I am glad I have January and February bass on the board. Hope you didn't jinx us by saying things will be easier until November.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
    Congratulations! I also have the goal of catching at least one bass a month every year. February was the month that ruined it for me last year. I am glad I have January and February bass on the board. Hope you didn't jinx us by saying things will be easier until November.
    That would suck to get all the way to the end of the year and not get it accomplished.

6. Member
    Well I avoided the March jinx and got on the board yesterday but it was a tough bite again at CC.

Well I avoided the March jinx and got on the board yesterday but it was a tough bite again at CC.
    great. Wish I could have went it was a beautiful afternoon. Was there many fishing?

8. Member
    There was a charity catfish tournament going on so the lake was crowded. Probably 50-60 boats but over half of those were in the tournament. I spent most of the day launching square bill and lip less crankbaits around a large school of baitfish but mostly caught white bass. I ended with 2 largemouth.

Guard told me there was a 59lb blue caught there the other day.

10. Member
    Man you are giving me the fever!!

11. Member
    I was there a few years ago when that all night catfishing tournament was weighing in their fish and the weights were crazy big. I wanted to enter so I could throw topwater for bass all night.

I was there a few years ago when that all night catfishing tournament was weighing in their fish and the weights were crazy big. I wanted to enter so I could throw topwater for bass all night.
    Now there is an idea. i was there last summer when they were out, but got on the water before they started to come in. Must have been 50 boats fishing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Handwich View Post
    Man you are giving me the fever!!
    It is rather lucky to only live 30 miles or so from this lake. Helps with keeping the itch off through the cold months.

You are so right about almost jinxing myself. Had not fished until this weekend and it was a struggle for me to catch fish. Only caught two in three days at Truman, but did manage to get my March fish.

15. Member
    Glad to see your monthly quest to catch a bass is still going. With warmer weather coming it should get easier.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

16. Member
    Congratulations on your March bass! Mother Nature didn't do us any favors with the weather this month. I have fished Table Rock the last 3 days and the water has risen 2 feet since I got here. The fishing has been tough and I have only managed to put 5 in the boat. I would say the April bass will be easy but....

Congratulations on your March bass! Mother Nature didn't do us any favors with the weather this month. I have fished Table Rock the last 3 days and the water has risen 2 feet since I got here. The fishing has been tough and I have only managed to put 5 in the boat. I would say the April bass will be easy but....
    I am not going to say it about April I thought for sure Truman would be nicer to me, but I missed the bite entirely. Others did really well. The winning 4 man team had over 53#'s in two days.

18. Member
    That is a pretty impressive winning weight. I haven't fished Truman in a long time so I need to try it again. I like chasing the smallmouths and spots on Table Rock so I drive past Truman numerous times each year.

It was just a little over 13#s a day for each boat. I need to get back over to Table Rock this year.