Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How are the Caymas boats holding up?

I read of other brands having multiple stress cracks and other items not aging well. Even though Caymas is still a relatively new brand, I imagine if there are build problems that they would be showing up by now. Any known issues?

2. Member
    None here. But I’m not really qualified to answer ur question yet as I’ve only had mine for 4 months. But I’m really loving this boat so far!

3. Member
    Almost have had mine for a year, so far everything has been awesome, my trailer fender had an issue early on which was a quick fix and the Caymas gauge has had some flaws, other than that I could not be happier with my boat, it rides like a caddy and runs like a scalded cat.

4. Member
    2 years of hard running on Lake Erie with zero stress cracks....

5. Member
    My first CX21 I put 190 hours on the engine fishing mostly Lake Champlain. My last CX21 I put 61 hours on the engine. Never saw an issue with either boat. No stress cracks or obvious signs of wear from use.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

6. Member
    I got a pretty early 2021 model and am really happy. I had some gel coat quality issues on the center console which is being taken care of by the dealer, looks like a UV protectant or something wasn't perfect so there are a couple of yellowed spots on the white gel. There are only a couple of other spots all in compartments on the boat with the same issue. I have some stress cracking on the removeable passenger console, which hasn't actually been in the boat much. I need to talk to my dealer about that, but haven't yet. It's hard to notice it but is there. No stress cracks on the boat despite the Columbia river being a monster at times. I broke a motor mount bolt and the latch on plastic passenger footwell drawer (or whatever that thing is called) in some really bad conditions but no damage otherwise.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

I have a 2020 model CX21 and fit/finish is holding up great. Mine only has 103hrs on it but so far so good. I've only had to replace a livewell pump and a couple of bunks on the trailer in my 2 years of ownership. Paint/carpet/screws all doing well. I'm very happy with my boat so far!
    Last edited by DBolton; 02-28-2023 at 06:38 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    I have a 2020 model CX21 and fit/finish is holding up great. Mine only has 103hrs on it but so far so good. I've only had to replace a livewell pump and a couple of bunks on the trailer in my 2 years of ownership. Paid/carpet/screws all doing well. I'm very happy with my boat so far!
    Mine is two years old and so far, not one problem as far as i know, i did convert over to a regular fuel gauge but as it turned out my gauge was reading about right.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    My cx 20 pro was one if the first made. The lady I spoke to from Caymas said it was 13 out of the mold. So far no stress cracks, and no major issues at all. It's not a garage queen either. It gets used!

10. Member
    Bought my CX20 last April, currently at 220 hours on it, so plenty of good and bad condition days, plus pulled from TX to NC, TN, AL, AZ, and others. So far I cant find a crack or issue anywhere in the gel coat, and no rattling parts or screws backing out. THe passenger kick drawer rail did break, but easy fix, and 1 perko cam bar snapped, otherwise perfect and better than my previous boat by far.

11. Member
    Have a 2021 Caymas CX20. It has several stress cracks in the bow and a couple in the stern. Also one of access doors in the battery bay got torqued so it doesn't close cleanly. And one of the Earl Bentz console decals split in two. I am close to Caymas so taking it in July to have those issues fixed.

Various letters of the raised Caymas emblems have come off and also lost letters off the trailer decals a couple times. Replacements were sent to me under warranty.

Gas gauge reading is inaccurate. Have not had it looked at as of yet.

One of the LEDs cards in the 4 Bank Charger came partially disconnected. Was fixed under warranty.

Guess it has issues in handling KY Lake waters.

And for honorable mention the left side rear brake pad disintegrated destroying the rotor. Got a complete rotor/ hub assembly replacement from Benchmark under warranty.

I suppose everything else is just peachy.

Just finished a 2 week fishing trip. Cleaned the boat up and gave it a good look over. Not one crack I can find. I added an analog fuel gauge and like Rodney said above I think my factory gauge was pretty accurate. Tank does read close to full then drops quicker once 3/4 or so is reached. Boat has been great and is by far best riding boat I have owned or have fished in.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

Love my CX18ss. So far, so good. I purchased Mercury vessel view anticipating the fuel guge not to work and it turns out Caymas gauge is pretty acurate. Still like the added features I get with VVM. I only have 9 hours on the motor so far but many more hours with the trolling motor down and all I can say is wow. I purchased this boat for storage, comfort and layout and I continue to be impressed. No cracks just a couple of bumps and bruises from fishing. Looking forward to many more years with this boat.

14. Member
    Most Caymas seem to be holding up ok. Stress cracks are the least of the problems that you hear the most about. Most people talk about the crappy medallion gauge, the rear hatch that keeps opening when flexing in rough water, latches breaking, decals falling off, some electrical gremlins, and issues with their trailers. Everyone likes the ride and the layout.

Take it for what it's worth, but I was talking with a group of 4 Caymas owners the other day after a tournament. All of them said it's a great platform with a great ride, but fit and finish are bad. All said they bought them because you could get them during COVID, but none said they would buy again.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeypro View Post
    Most Caymas seem to be holding up ok. Stress cracks are the least of the problems that you hear the most about. Most people talk about the crappy medallion gauge, the rear hatch that keeps opening when flexing in rough water, latches breaking, decals falling off, some electrical gremlins, and issues with their trailers. Everyone likes the ride and the layout.

Take it for what it's worth, but I was talking with a group of 4 Caymas owners the other day after a tournament. All of them said it's a great platform with a great ride, but fit and finish are bad. All said they bought them because you could get them during COVID, but none said they would buy again.
    That is disappointing to hear about the fit and finish, I have a 2022 CX 21 and the fit and finish is top notch, I can honestly say this is the best boat I have ever owned, I have owned about 20 new boats.

16. Member
    I’ve had four of them, I’ve never had an electrical Issue, cracking issue, or any of the prior comments posted. The trailer deal IMO is lack of common sense, as I’ve showed people at the ramp how to load thier boats and everyone of them says “ damn that was easy” after they take a minute to think. Then you go over to FB and read some of that stupidity in a daily basis, it’s amazing how people complain and have no idea wtf they are doing. One of them supposedly sold his boat and was going back to Skeeter because of the trailer blah blah blah, saw where he posted he’s waiting on his new Caymas to come I’m. All boat manufacturers have issues it’s how they handle them is issue, I have a buddy that sold his Caymas bought a new BC Puma STs and he told me yesterday, I wish I had my “Caymas back, I F’d up”.

17. Member
    The only problems I have had with my 2022 CX20 Pro are the lights around the console and bow switches and the sporadic fuel gauge accuracy. The switch panels were replaced under warranty and Vessel View Mobile gave me an accurate fuel reading.

This morning, the fuel gauge and VVM were showing the same fuel percentage. As long as I keep my Mickey Mouse ball cap out of the boat, the fuel gauge reads accurately. My boat has been affected by my BBC reading.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    All boat manufacturers have issues it’s how they handle them is issue, I have a buddy that sold his Caymas bought a new BC Puma STs and he told me yesterday, I wish I had my “Caymas back, I F’d up”.
    This is a story I have to hear. Please explain!
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeypro View Post
    This is a story I have to hear. Please explain!
    Storage compartments are laid out weird, back storage compartments are small and odd shaped. Nets storage compartment in middle of the front deck leaves a slanted angle in the boxes beside it. He did like the cockpit area, said you sit up a bit more and was comfortable. Said the boat is fast but doesn’t ride as well in big water as his Caymas did… he fishes Sam Rayburn and it’s gets big there. Has some wiring issues and has the boat getting re-rigged. He mentioned fit and finish is a toss up between the two brands but could store more stuff in the Caymas. He was previously in Skeeter and Ranger then went to Caymas so he’s been around the block and is very particular.

Took a peek under ther console yesterday because I had the dealer install my electronics, something I usually do myself. I was impressed with how neat it was. Everything tied up and well layed out just like the entire boat.

I really have yet to find any negatives about my CX18ss yet and I am very picky. It took me 2 years of looking at many boats to decide on my Caymas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast