South Bay Okeechobee - Tuesday after Elite Series

Figures... cameras are gone, light it up boys!

3. Member
    Surprised they haven’t canvassed the whole lake with all that grass they showed on tv…what a bunch of clowns. At least some of the pros are talking about it on a regular basis now

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkDriver View Post
    Surprised they haven’t canvassed the whole lake with all that grass they showed on tv…what a bunch of clowns. At least some of the pros are talking about it on a regular basis now
    Glad to see the travesty getting some exposure. Something needs to be done to curb the rampant killing ofanybtype of cover.

5. Member
    You should have flatten their tires. Ha

They should change their name to "kickback aquatics".

7. Member
    This lake will never be what it once was. Kiss it goodby.
    Livin the dream
    2013 Legend 211
    250 Pro Xs

Quote Originally Posted by Legend 2013 View Post
    This lake will never be what it once was. Kiss it goodby.
    You could say the same about the whole state. At least from Ocala to Key West. When they said a long time ago ,that Florida would be the next California ,they weren't lying.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    You could say the same about the whole state. At least from Ocala to Key West. When they said a long time ago ,that Florida would be the next California ,they weren't lying.
    YEP
    Livin the dream
    2013 Legend 211
    250 Pro Xs

10. Member
    Blame it on DeSantis and his pack of cronies. He does not give a crap about the environment.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Blame it on DeSantis and his pack of cronies. He does not give a crap about the environment.
    Lawton Chiles was the last governor we had who wasn't on the side of developers. Its been a trend for the last 20+ years....
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

Lakeland has gone from a population of 115,000 to 325,000 in the last 5 years. And that's just inside the city limits ,it does not include the county's numbers. To say the fishing pressure in Polk has increased considerably, would be the understatement of the year. And these ass clowns on airboats with herbicide ,are just the nails in the coffin.

13. Member
    What about a class action lawsuit? We could get everyone who is on well water onboard, every fisherman and everyone who is concerned with red tide. We’d need an environmental attorney that would work without payment until there’s a judgment. I’d be willing to do extensive footwork getting people to sign on. I fully understand the need for weed control. It’s the eradication and money corruption that’s ruining the state. I really think we could get serious change but it’s going to take work.

Quote Originally Posted by perfect-storm View Post
    What about a class action lawsuit? We could get everyone who is on well water onboard, every fisherman and everyone who is concerned with red tide. We’d need an environmental attorney that would work without payment until there’s a judgment. I’d be willing to do extensive footwork getting people to sign on. I fully understand the need for weed control. It’s the eradication and money corruption that’s ruining the state. I really think we could get serious change but it’s going to take work.
    Can a class action lawsuit be tossed by a judge ? If so ,that's a problem. These ppl have everybody with power and money in their pocket.

15. Banned
    It may have been on here that someone who was either a lawyer or very knowledgeable about the legal end of this said that even if there was a very sizeable amount of money available for lawyer fees, it would probably be a waste of time to try and sue the government. They said the odds of winning were very small.

16. Member
    Not suing for any money other than attorney fees. Just to curb the spray program. Do you think if we could get half a million people on board they would just blow it off? I’m talking every resident that uses well water plus every fisherman in Florida plus everyone near the coast concerned with red tide. Not to mention all the business owners that rely on outdoors people to patronize their establishments. If we could get that kind of group together then it can not be ignored.
    I’d commit my time and work to getting people on board and traverse every mile of this state to get the word out. I’m sure there’s some on here that would help as well.

17. Member
    I hate to see what is happening to Okeechobee, perhaps a phone call to Scott Martin's wife who I believe is the voice of an awareness group for the overall protection of the lake. She could perhaps shed some light on some of the road blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
    I hate to see what is happening to Okeechobee, perhaps a phone call to Scott Martin's wife who I believe is the voice of an awareness group for the overall protection of the lake. She could perhaps shed some light on some of the road blocks.
    He started or somebody he knows started a organization.

https://www.anglersforlakeo.org/