Early Shelbyville walleye

I’m trying to get a handle on walleye fishing on Shelbyville. It seems that the bite shuts off mid summer, so I got to wondering how early the bite turns on in the spring. Thoughts?

2. Member
    I don't fish for walleye. But they're dropping that lake stupid low again this year. Really changes up fishing on that lake. Last year we never got the rain and was low all year.

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LumberZak View Post
    I don't fish for walleye. But they're dropping that lake stupid low again this year. Really changes up fishing on that lake. Last year we never got the rain and was low all year.
    Lake was at or above summer pool all summer. They drop it 6 feet starting in December and it’ll fill up again in spring. I’m not a walleye fisherman but do very well starting around first of April. Shallow points, humps and the edge of drops all produce. Not uncommon to get a couple limits in an hour or so.

Dale Sinclair original

Walleye bite has been good all winter if you know were to look for them. With livescope in down view you can pick them off stumps on drops and shallow when we get sun and a warm up for a few days on forward view. It takes some time to figure out the difference between a bass or a walleye on the live scope. If you never used livesope it sure is a game changer. I run my black box off a 20v 10 amp hour DeWalt battery with less than a foot of wire from Power source to black box no amp loss with this setup. Battery last 6 hours when running hot. I carry a spare if needed. Sauger bite was good below the Spillway until they shut the water down today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fishfried; 03-24-2023 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Spelling