Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

Ultrex Kit update

Gents,

Here's my weekends goings on. The Gecko G540 drive (the magic electronic box that sends out 1's and 0's to my axis drive motors) decided that it had done enough heavy lifting and died a horrible, smokey death. Good news is that I have a spare, bad news is that I had to tear my mill down, disassemble the electronics control enclosure, remove dead board, and reverse the entire process with the spare. The mill is once again alive and it cutting aluminum as we speak. I should have 6 kits ready to ship on Tuesday, not the 15 that I had originally planned on having. I also have 12 more people waiting on my next spring order to come in, and an additional 3 people waiting for the additional 7 folks required for me to get the volume discounts on the springs and shipping from the new vendor. I don't want to make excuses, but this is taking a lot longer than I like and I'm sure some of you might be getting tired of having to wait. Given that, if you've placed a deposit already and no longer wish to wait, please let me know and I'll gladly refund your money, including the bite that Paypal takes out of it.

Going forward it looks like I'll have Friday evenings and weekends to work on these kits since my day job has gotten very busy again. Being the primary RF High Power amplifier designer for a prime government contractor is good, but I have to answer to them first so we can continue to eat and my daughters can continue to attend college :)

Seriously, I'm sorry for all the bumps in the road that have happened lately.....I'll gladly refund your deposits if any of you have grown weary of waiting.

Thanks,

Ron

Is the new source gas springs adjustable also?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Yes sir!! They're basically the same spring as before, just a different vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Is the new source gas springs adjustable also?

4. Member
    Thanks for the update Ron.

John

I'm still very interested Ron. Please IM your address so I can send payment.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I'll be in touch soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I'm still very interested Ron. Please IM your address so I can send payment.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    OK Guys......nothing like having to pivot midorder. Vendor number 2 just jacked their prices by 20% so I'm headed back to vendor 1. They've promised to provide better service, and I don't really have much of a choice so I placed the order. Good news for everyone in my quene......your prices will be reduced back down to the $125 mark that I was originally selling the kits for. I'll settle up fairly with you when I get your kits made. I've also been working on designing a fixture that will allow me to make 6 of the end adaptor/connector/clamp assemblies so that I can up production and not have to hand hold the machine as much. This should allow me to let the parts run some during the week and help me cut down on the delivery time a bit.

8. Member
    I was kinda wondering what happened, haven’t heard from you ……

9. BBC SPONSOR
    I just sent out notifications for the next shipment of 15 kits!!! I also received notice this morning that springs for the remaining folks that have made deposits have shipped!! Once they arrive I'll start work on your kits ASAP. If you've tried contacting me via PM or on one of the few threads discussing this I'll be getting in touch with you for a quote this week. It's looking like I might be catching up with demand a bit.

Thanks for your patience!!

Ron
    Last edited by Ron Meadows; 03-02-2023 at 09:44 AM.

10. Member
    Above and beyond, Ron. Thanks for making this possible.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    The next order of 15 springs has arrived safe and sound with just a 5 day turn time....so far so good on the promised improvement in shipping times. I won't be able to start working on them until Sunday, but I should have more kits ready by this time next week.

Ron

Ron, when you get a chance please IM me your address so I can send a check. Thank you
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Good to see your still working on this. I sent you a PM and was just waiting to get a PM on the price.
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

14. BBC SPONSOR
    I am, but I only have so many hours in a day :)

I’ll try to get caught up on my PM’s in the coming week or so. I ordered a few extra springs with this order and I’m hoping to get the backlog knocked out before I go fishing for 2 weeks leaving on 3/17. The past few months have been rather trying for me and I just need a break. Work/promotion issues, a loved companion of 13 years (my daughters Aussie) died around Christmas time, and then I was in a wreck and totaled both my truck and camper on 1/19. I’m just a little burnt on all fronts, but I absolutely would never take anyone’s money and leave them without what I promised to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by sheeterhdip225 View Post
    Good to see your still working on this. I sent you a PM and was just waiting to get a PM on the price.

15. Member
    I'd like a kit for a 45". Sending PM

16. BBC SPONSOR
    I sent out 17 kits this morning and provided tracking numbers to all the recipients and finished up another 13 kits this evening and once all of the balances are paid up those will also go out toward the end of the week. I'm almost caught up with orders, but have ran out of 52" springs. If you need a 45" or a 60" kit please let me know in the next few days and I might be able to get you something before my much needed vacation that starts on the 17th of the month. Otherwise, it will be after I get back home before I can provide quotes or order more springs.

Thanks for your support,

Ron

17. Member
    Just wanted to say thanks for going out of your way to get my upgrade kit shipped ahead of schedule. Outstanding customer service.

18. Member
    I received my kit in the mail today, Nice looking peice and awsome communication. Thanks Ron
    Dave
    2023 Ranger Z518/ Mercury 200 Pro XS

19. Member
    Mine arrived in the mail today, thanks Ron

20. Member
    My kit arrived in the mail today. Thx Ron

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast