Coosa River in Rainbow City

Hello Bass fishing friends. The wife and I have had enough of the northern life and are looking to come south. There is a house we like on the Coosa in Rainbow City. Was really looking for a lake but the house is really nice. My question for you all is what is the river like in that area? How is the fishing and how much room would I have to run around in my boat? Is it easy to navigate and roomy enough to keep me satisfied? How does it compare to living on a "lake"? I know the Coosa chain is famous for great fishing, but concerned about if it will have that lake feel. Not asking for any spots to fish, just more of a report on the area and what it is like. Thanks!!

2. Member
    Plenty of Room to move around the River is dropped very little during Winter now. As Far as Neely it's the Worse lake on the Coosa Chain now. Many are Calling it the Dead Sea.
    Last edited by Dr Phil Good; 02-26-2023 at 04:21 PM.

3. Member
    Look North One Pool Up to Weiss or One Down to Logan Martin both are much better in my opinion. Good Luck

4. Member
    There are some opportunities on Logan Martin. How's the fishing there?

5. Member
    Much Better. Much Prettier Area in my Opinion also

6. Member
    Yeah if I was getting a place on the Coosa, Neely Henry would be the last lake on my wish.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

7. Member
    I think it would depend on your expectations. South end of Neely seems pretty “lakey” to me. North of Gadsden is river, Rainbow area is pretty well a lake. Logan Martin is a nice lake on south end. North end is more river than Neely in my opinion. Summer time on Logan Martin is slammed with pontoons and wake boats fyi. That being said id rather fish most other lakes than Neely, but Weiss has been worse than Neely for me. But Neely you can catch plenty fish especially spots. Just been tough for me to find good fish. If you are used to true big water it will seem small. If your used to a rover it will seem big. Just my opinion which aint worth much!!!

8. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Logan sucks because of boat traffic.

9. Member
    As far as lake living goes Mitchell and Jordan are probably the best on the coosa chain.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NHchamp View Post
    There are some opportunities on Logan Martin. How's the fishing there?
    i would second this.
    2022 z520r

Logan Martin is second worse behind Smith in terms of boat traffic to me...it's horrible during the summer...I prefer Neely but Ive had a me really good days over there and caught some massive spots over the years...have you checked along the Tenn river?
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand