Nitro build quality

Considering getting a new nitro. How’s the build quality now? Would you buy another? Planning on keeping for awhile.

2. Member
    We are into our third year with our 2021 Z19 Pro (160 hours) and have had no problems with the boat at all. Everything works and the fit and finish is good. There is one place where there is a little waver in the gelcoat finish, but you have to look close to see it. We found it when waxing the boat. All the compartment lids fit well and it stays dry. Only complaints I have are the Insterstate AGM cranking battery and the tandem trailer pops and clunks a lot, even after I installed a Dexter suspension kit. Service at my local Bass Pro Shop in Rocklin CA has been excellent. I would not hesitate to buy another one. But at age 73 I expect this to be the boat of my lifetime.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

3. Member
    I have a z19. Fit and finish is very good. As said above everything works as it should and I have no complaints. I had a Z9 before this boat and it was excellent as well. Nitro has came a long way as far as build quality. I woundnt hesitate to buy another.

4. Member
    I currently own a 2022 Nitro Z21xl. Previous bass boat was a 2004 Nitro 882 nx. Loved the 882 nx it was a great boat ran well and never had a major problem. Made lots of upgrades and performed all routine maintenance. I had basic component failures such as batteries, pumps and some engine parts but nothing that kept me off the water for more than a day or two. I absolutely love my Z21xl. Awesome boat and world of difference compared to my 2004 882. I would not hesitate to buy it again. My BPS dealer has been fantastic with their service and the boat runs and fishes great. No boat I know of is perfect. I have owned other brand family boats and all had basic issues that you need to keep up with. Regular service is important. Nothing but good stuff to say about Nitro boats from my experience and perspective.
    ~ Dave
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS
    HDS Live 12 B&C/Ghost/AT

2015- id buy again in a heart beat.

6. Member
    I do glass work for a living and see all brands and their flaws. Nitro problems lie mostly with their trailers. The boats themselves are on par with any I've worked on, including ranger, skeeters and cats. I do more warranty work on the other brands than nitros, although nitro outsells all but ranger by at least 3-1 ratio. Put gatorbaks and a dexter kit on the axles and you're good.

7. Member
    I agree with the trailer comment. The only issues I ever had with my 2 Nitro's was with the trailer. Nothing really serious, just loose screws and a misaligned fender. Johnny needs to figure out a way to get EZ Loader to build the Nitro trailers like they do for his Triton and Ranger boats.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

8. Member
    @021 Z20 all good most confrontable cock pit I have been in. Been in alot. no Issues

9. Member
    Going into the 3rd year on my 2020 Z21 and I have zero issues with mine. My buddy bought a Z20 a month before mine and had tons of issues, including bubbling in the glass/gelcote, switch panels going out, and carpeting coming up in spots (among other things). Comparing his boat to mine, you can see the build quality between the Z20 and Z21 is completely different.

The trailler on the other hand, is a complete piece of crap. I did the Dexter kit on mine, less than 1 year in and all the shackles/bushings were shot already. Replaced the bunks with Tuff Bunks and its holding up pretty well now. Just finished a 3k mile trip to Florida and back with no issues.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

10. Member
    No problems with mine. I want to say that I would buy again, but the price has jumped considerably since I purchased in late 2019. I'd probably have to settle for used with today's prices.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Going into the 3rd year on my 2020 Z21 and I have zero issues with mine. My buddy bought a Z20 a month before mine and had tons of issues, including bubbling in the glass/gelcote, switch panels going out, and carpeting coming up in spots (among other things). Comparing his boat to mine, you can see the build quality between the Z20 and Z21 is completely different.

The trailler on the other hand, is a complete piece of crap. I did the Dexter kit on mine, less than 1 year in and all the shackles/bushings were shot already. Replaced the bunks with Tuff Bunks and its holding up pretty well now. Just finished a 3k mile trip to Florida and back with no issues.
    I don’t think the construction of the z20 vs the z21 is massively different with the exception of the carpet.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post

Good news is they made some improvements to the trailer.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

13. Member
    Found a decent deal on a 2022 z19 so I’m leaning towards getting it. Seams like it could be hit or miss on issues like with anything

14. Member
    How’s the trailer? Does it come with leaf springs?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish0093 View Post
    My 2015 came with leaf springs, i put a dexter wet bolts kit on it at 45k miles, currently have approximately 70k on it, original bunks and carpet, though i am thinking i should be proactive in replacing them.

i did tighten up the no touch 100k hubs at 40k and i have since bolted my fenders externally since the factory bolts in the fenders were not stainless and were becoming loose

new jack and winch this winter, boat has been used every month of the hear in North Dakota and has been launched 825 or so times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish0093 View Post
    the 2022+ have leaf springs again on the z21, along with beefed up shackles. I'm sure not as good as dexter's shackles, but i doubt any manufacturer does.

Not sure about the lower models.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

17. Member
    I have a 2020 Z21 Pro series boat that has had nothing but problems,,,the fiberglass is now cracking and spitting away at the transom from the rest of the boat, it all started 30 days after buying the boat when the rod locker tubes that's attached to the top of the rod locker splintered and fell off...and as far as the transom separation NO I did not hit anything, I have had nothing but problems since I bought the boat, the motherboard screen just went on it as well,,,to much to list,,,and I WAS a nitro buyer for 30 years. I could even post a video if you would like the see the separation?

rod locker tube's are held in place by wood screws. took mine out after a few months and one screw was bent meaning it was not all the way in at some point.

Rhino, are they doing anything to resolve it?

I put 200+ hrs on my boats, been a long time since I have had any issues, not even gel coat cracks.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

19. Member
    Great boats. Terrible trailers.
    Rad Brewer

I bought my first one in 2006, 911 CDC, had no issues beyond battery life, one bilge pump, and bunk boards in 10 yrs. I've had this one since 2016, batteries and a new charger and jump switch in 7 years. No complaints.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin