Johnson GT200 alarm

Hey guy,

I bought a Javelin last year with a 1989 Gt 200 J200STLCEB and I saw that the previous owner had cut wires and removed the factory alarm for the vro and overheating (not sure exactly what that alarm does but I know its important)

Can anyone help me figure out the wiring for it or what I need to do to reinstall an alarm? I wouldn't want to blow up my motor for something this stupid.

Thanks

2. Member
    Obviously over heat alarm is necessary.
    the VRO alarm is a no-oil warning. So yes pretty important. Unless he was running a 50:1 premix in the fuel tank.

3. Member
    No I'm still running like factory,
    Any idea how those 2 alarms where plugged? and what kind of little speaker I need?

Thanks

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Speaker should be in the control box if you have a surface mount control. Tan wires for overheat on each head, the port side will have two wires, one white/black for quick start and one tan for overtemp. VRO pump will have a 4 wire harness with a 4 pin connector, colors will be tan, gray, purple and black. that's for the no oil circuit.

5. Member
    Championman thanks for the info, I'm just not sure I understand.
    So I need to buy a speaker because there is none. Is there a specific one I need with more than 2 prongs or can i use any buzzer?
    And for the wires which one would be going to the buzzer? tan and purple?

Thanks you very much

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    www.marineengine.com click on the accessories tab and then remote controls use your model year to select the control box

7. Member
    + to Championman.
    the warning horn may still be in the boat. Either in the remote control or under the dash board by the gauges. Fo all you know the horn may be unplugged or faulty.
    When new, the warning horn came with the key switch.