Fairways are turning green here

Played two weeks ago on brown dead grass. I told my wife that this was no fun and I would wait till the fairways green up to get serious about golf. We took a tour of home lots Saturday and bam-fairways had a bright green sheen of grass. Trees are budding out. 10 day forecast has all 70's and high 60's for highs. Spring is here in East Texas. Warm weather and earlier golf was one of the main reasons my wife and I moved here last summer. Now we are getting to enjoy it.

Bass are moving up too! Our Thursday club on Fork we caught 4 all shallow and full color. Biggest was 5 1/2 out from under a dock. All males with no eggs. Water temps 55+ most of the day but found some 60 degree pockets later in the day-but no fish there.

Looks like most of the southern states will have an early warm spring.

2. Member
    I see you chose Bullard over Branson, probably a good move in my estimation ( I chose RGV). Even tho the ground doesn't even come close to freezing down here, the grass does go dormant here for Jan and Feb. Lack of enough sunlight hours here I suspect, a local golf pro here told me when the combination of ground + avg. air temps fall below 150, the grass goes dormant. The fairways here get a mottled kind of brown and faded green in the winter. Thats the time for me to use up those goofy colored blue golf balls that come with the case of colored balls the kids get me for Xmas. That blue shows up well on brown grass.

3. Member
    Branson was just too touristy for my wife and the golf clubs were not exactly member friendly to females.
    This was a great decision for a great community, friendly welcome, good weather and good fishing.
    We are very happy with the move. Especially when looking at 30 degrees warmer than Tulsa or Branson on some of these winter days!