Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battery compartment is not waterproof

Just got my Caymas and took it out today to breaking the motor. Anyway when I was done I went to turn the breaker off and everything was wet in there. It’s rained the whole time I was on the lake. There is not lip to keep the water out. I’m kind of surprised it doesn’t have a lip like the rest of the compartments. Anyone else notice this?

2. Member
    I have noticed. And anything in the storage box in the compartment will get wet if you don’t feather the throttle while slowing down.

3. Member
    Yes the first time I looked at it, had four of them and no issues with any of them and not a big deal. I’ll take the fit, finish, fish ability and ride over a lip in the bilge compartment any day of the week.

4. Member
    Hmmm. Hadn’t ever noticed that on mine. Don’t guess there’s really anything back there that needs to stay dry. I ain’t had the chance to fish in the rain in mine yet. How’d the little box by the steering wheel do holding out the water? I’ve wondered if can stay dry with the angle it’s sitting.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Yes the first time I looked at it, had four of them and no issues with any of them and not a big deal. I’ll take the fit, finish, fish ability and ride over a lip in the bilge compartment any day of the week.
    Agreed plus all the other tangible's that come with a Caymas, very small detail considering all the great things about a Caymas, after all there wasn't but one perfect boat ever built!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    Hmmm. Hadn’t ever noticed that on mine. Don’t guess there’s really anything back there that needs to stay dry. I ain’t had the chance to fish in the rain in mine yet. How’d the little box by the steering wheel do holding out the water? I’ve wondered if can stay dry with the angle it’s sitting.
    I’ve never had any water get in there and I’ve been in some downpours.

7. Member
    I like my bilge clean and dry. Only water should be in the bottom. OP is correct that it shouldn’t allow water just to pour in. Might be able to add a weatherstripping to it to solve though.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim285pro View Post
    I like my bilge clean and dry. Only water should be in the bottom. OP is correct that it shouldn’t allow water just to pour in. Might be able to add a weatherstripping to it to solve though.
    It doesn’t pour in, I’ve actually only ever had a few drops of water in there at any time.

9. Member
    I have not had any water get into my bilge, even when I have had a backwash from shutting down abruptly.

10. Member
    Water can get in there and its got openings to the bilge so water from the bilge can splash. Keeping that compartment water tight is a fools errand. Weather stripping or something would be nice but everything in there can and will get wet eventually. As long as its not submerged everything is fine. Mine does get wet from backwash, but not bad at all.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

11. Member
    The little box by steering??? I think will leak. The door on mine is warped. It does not close all the way across at the top.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RNKingCx19 View Post
    The little box by steering??? I think will leak. The door on mine is warped. It does not close all the way across at the top.
    Same. No, it's not waterproof. And that strip around the door.. LOL!

Just fyi... They probably over tightened the screws and it's warped. I've had to replace a bunch of stripped screws and stripped screw holes because they were overtightened.

13. Member
    I’ve never had water get in the little compartment where the usb ports are. I keep my phone in there.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    I’ve never had water get in the little compartment where the usb ports are. I keep my phone in there.
    Same here, i also have my boat license papers i keep in there along with my phone, never seen any water in there.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    x2

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RNKingCx19 View Post
    Mine fills up with water so bad that I ended up drilling a hole in the bottom so it will drain. And the hinge that holds it on rusted in two.....

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdz1 View Post
    Mine fills up with water so bad that I ended up drilling a hole in the bottom so it will drain. And the hinge that holds it on rusted in two.....
    Call Caymas and get it replaced. You should not be having those issues.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

18. Member
    Nothing abnormal about a new boat brand and design having some flaws. Key will be if they will fix it and improve the design. The fan boys of new brands get so damn defensive when someone brings up an issue. I had a 921 Phoenix that had some issues and when I would post anything about it the cavalry of pro staffer fan boys would always claim their boat was flawless.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim285pro View Post
    Nothing abnormal about a new boat brand and design having some flaws. Key will be if they will fix it and improve the design. The fan boys of new brands get so damn defensive when someone brings up an issue. I had a 921 Phoenix that had some issues and when I would post anything about it the cavalry of pro staffer fan boys would always claim their boat was flawless.
    The problem is not that they're trying some new design that needs to be worked out... I have issues with the basic workmanship... Things like sloppy gel lines and over spray, overtightened stripped screws, stripped holes, poorly cut openings that result in nothing for the screws to screw into, not labeling all electrical connections, etc...

This is basic stuff that they aren't doing. Not real impressed, to be honest.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeypro View Post
    The problem is not that they're trying some new design that needs to be worked out... I have issues with the basic workmanship... Things like sloppy gel lines and over spray, overtightened stripped screws, stripped holes, poorly cut openings that result in nothing for the screws to screw into, not labeling all electrical connections, etc...

This is basic stuff that they aren't doing. Not real impressed, to be honest.
    that doesn’t sound good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast