Pro XS 250 20" shaft physical dimensions?

Does any one know the height of a 250 Pro XS? Not sure if I can get it under my garage door.. 2Stroke merc made it with about 2" to spare.

thanks
    BCB Puma STS
    Merc 250

Jack the tongue up more?
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    I have to take my transom saver off and tilt the motor down to where the skeg is about 3" from touching the concrete,then it will clear my garage door opening easily.

4. Member
    Thanks for the suuggestions, I am already trimming al the way down with 1" clearance on the skeg. I don't know with the new Pro XS, but it has been my experience with the 2S that there is no motor position that is lower overall than straight down, so I don't think jacking the trailer can lower the motor any further, but this could be different with the 4S.
    BCB Puma STS
    Merc 250

5. Member
    The big question here is how tall is YOUR garage opening? My garage opening is 6’-10” and with engine trimmed down with the skeg about 1-1/2” off the floor the highest part of the cowling is 6’-2-1/2”.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

6. Member
    I was in same situation as you. Best i can tell. The 4 stroke is about 2.5-3 inches taller. I had to lower my jackplate to get it in garage.
    2017 TRITON 21 TRX ELITE DC
    2023 250 MERCURY PRO XS
    23 FURY 3
    Z LOCK 10" JACKPLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST 36V
    Garmin 93sv
    Garmin LVS34
    Rite Hite Turret
    HDS 12 GEN 3
    HDS 9 GEN 3

7. Member
    I have heard people have to take the cowl off to get into their garage. Pain in the ass, but the sound makes up for it

Quote Originally Posted by Fishndav View Post
    Does any one know the height of a 250 Pro XS? Not sure if I can get it under my garage door.. 2Stroke merc made it with about 2" to spare.

thanks

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanjp View Post
    The big question here is how tall is YOUR garage opening? My garage opening is 6’-10” and with engine trimmed down with the skeg about 1-1/2” off the floor the highest part of the cowling is 6’-2-1/2”.
    My door opening is 6'5" so you are giving me hope for getting it to fit.
    BCB Puma STS
    Merc 250

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    So... just to be clear, there ARE variables, such as your trailer, and hull height, jackplate and it's height, which mounting position the engine is bolted in, etc.

Assuming that every single feature is identical, you simply bolted a 4S ProXS in place of a 3L ProXS Optimax:

Engine in the LEVEL TRIM position: 4 Stroke ProXS is 3" taller.

Engine in the full TILTED UP position: 4 Stroke ProXS is 5.2" Taller.

Engine at normal "trailering" angle with 3rd Party motor support: Height is virtually identical (within 1").

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    So... just to be clear, there ARE variables, such as your trailer, and hull height, jackplate and it's height, which mounting position the engine is bolted in, etc.

Assuming that every single feature is identical, you simply bolted a 4S ProXS in place of a 3L ProXS Optimax:

Engine at normal "trailering" angle with 3rd Party motor support: Height is virtually identical (within 1").
    Thank you!
    BCB Puma STS
    Merc 250

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post

In the future looking to repower at some point, but also have garage height restrictions. (beam) How much difference in height would there be with the 4 stroke cowl removed?

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Don't have those measurements at my disposal... sorry.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor