Spinnerbait mold question

I was given a "Do it" spinnerbait mold from a neighbor with some wire frames (that fit perfectly) and some Trokar spinnerbait hooks (that don't fit the mold- the shank is too wide). I tried to pour a couple anyway (my first time pouring lead) and had some leakage down the hook shank.

Is there a way to block/stem the flow of the lead so it doesn't leak down the hook shank? It was easy enough to scrape off... but I figured the experts here might have an easy fix?

Thanks everyone.

2. Member
    If the hook doesn’t fit I would either get hooks that fit or I would make the hook slot bigger so the hooks would fit. Just don’t make it too big.

3. Member
    the cheap fix it wrap tape on the hook shank to fill the void, or you can take and cut off the unwanted lead with dikes

4. Member
    JB weld works for molds.

Allen

5. Member
    Thanks guys. I wrapped some tape around the shank and squeezed the handles of the mold much harder. I poured a few more and it worked just fine.

Question: How long does it take the shine to dull on newly poured heads? Can you accelerate that process? I don't plan to paint them.

6. Member
    Vinegar probably.

7. Member
    Hydrogen Peroxide will dull up new lead overnight.