Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Over the years I've used metal strips and made a number of custom metal supports on both my old Skeeter and Phoenix - the RAM arms are just easier to find and use, and look great and have a little vibration dampening as the balls are hard rubber. Also very easy to take off if you pop the bow panel. The important thing is to use something. I'm using 1" balls and you can use any length arm you want - you just need to measure the distance from ball to ball. I like mounting one ball on one arm of the graph mount and the second on the deck.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    Over the years I've used metal strips and made a number of custom metal supports on both my old Skeeter and Phoenix - the RAM arms are just easier to find and use, and look great and have a little vibration dampening as the balls are hard rubber. Also very easy to take off if you pop the bow panel. The important thing is to use something. I'm using 1" balls and you can use any length arm you want - you just need to measure the distance from ball to ball. I like mounting one ball on one arm of the graph mount and the second on the deck.
    Are you through bolting or screwing directly into the deck? I added an L bracket to my HDS 9 and screwed direct to the deck with marine epoxy on the threads. Possibly will add a small Ram mount on the trolling motor side since the Fortrex cable runs close to the mount and could rub another L bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    Are you through bolting or screwing directly into the deck? I added an L bracket to my HDS 9 and screwed direct to the deck with marine epoxy on the threads. Possibly will add a small Ram mount on the trolling motor side since the Fortrex cable runs close to the mount and could rub another L bracket.
    Screwed into the deck - each RAM base has 4 holes and I use 3" stainless screws, 8 screws total between them so there is more than enough bite. I haven't had any of those screws move at all. The critical thing is that nothing moves - ones things start moving you are going to have issues.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    Screwed into the deck - each RAM base has 4 holes and I use 3" stainless screws, 8 screws total between them so there is more than enough bite. I haven't had any of those screws move at all. The critical thing is that nothing moves - ones things start moving you are going to have issues.
    Thank You

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12