Places to stay - Potomac River

My club is returning to fish the Potomac after a long hiatus. One of the gripes some of the guys had was it was hard to find a place to stay overnight that would accommodate fishermen (boat parking with outlets was the main issue). Does anyone know of a hotel, motel or other accommodations that caters to or is accommodating to fisherman. We will be launching out of Aquia Creek so around Fredericksburg/ Stafford area would be good. I did post this in the Potomac forum as well. Thanks for the advise in advance.

2. Member
    There are plenty on rt 40 but not too many down by aquia. Bel Alton has a fenced in area for your boats

3. Member
    What club is it?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    What club is it?
    Nelson County Bassmasters

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stillwater View Post
    There are plenty on rt 40 but not too many down by aquia. Bel Alton has a fenced in area for your boats
    Thanks for the recommendation.

6. Member
    Done this a couple times. Most Hotels will provide power outside, we have had the maintenance guys run one from inside. The 2 I have stayed in, one by Aquia and one by Neabsco..

1) Aquia - Available Rooms - Hampton Inn Stafford/Quantico & Conference Center (hilton.com)
    2) Neabsco - Hilton Garden Inn Woodbridge
    Available Rooms - Hilton Garden Inn Woodbridge

There is occasional availability for a VRBO that is on the water at a Marina in Neabsco Creek. about 300 a night, GREAT experience. 2 king bedrooms. plenty of parking for boats. Marina House w/water access - Houses for Rent in Woodbridge, Virginia, United States - Airbnb
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

7. Member
    Thanks for the recommendations Squire. I think armed with all these we will definitely get squared away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    Done this a couple times. Most Hotels will provide power outside, we have had the maintenance guys run one from inside. The 2 I have stayed in, one by Aquia and one by Neabsco..

1) Aquia - Available Rooms - Hampton Inn Stafford/Quantico & Conference Center (hilton.com)
    2) Neabsco - Hilton Garden Inn Woodbridge
    Available Rooms - Hilton Garden Inn Woodbridge

There is occasional availability for a VRBO that is on the water at a Marina in Neabsco Creek. about 300 a night, GREAT experience. 2 king bedrooms. plenty of parking for boats. Marina House w/water access - Houses for Rent in Woodbridge, Virginia, United States - Airbnb