How much water does a Gator Trax 21' Strike series draft

My 21' fiberglass bassboat does not draft water very well. Looking at trying to get back into shallower backwaters and was wondering what a Gator Trax Strike Series 21' with 250 will draft. Any guys out there with them that could help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Member
    Next time im on the water I will try and check on my 20 foot with a 250. I just looked at the scum line on the back and its right at about 12" up the side. I know I run out of room to run the trolling motor before it hits bottom and stops the boat. My 20 foot weighs 3080lbs with 1/4 tank of gas loaded with gear and batteries so not much difference in weight if any compared to fiberglass. the big advantage is its aluminum, its made to get scratched lol
    2022 Gator Trax Strike 20 w/Suzuki 250ss

3. Member
    Like toporanger, I have not measured the actual draft, but she is similar in weight to a comparable glass boat. It isn't
    like a flat bottom jon boat. Fishing load and wetted area are the key variables. I ain't going to damage it, but I don't like getting stuck. A lighter boat will go skinnier but there are always trade offs.

4. Member
    Having grown up in Iowa, I just noticed where you are located. Unless you are traveling a lot to fish..... I would be looking at a Gator Trax GT not the strike series. That style would cover all the bases in Iowa. https://mudbumusa.com/ these guys are in Iowa chasing cats on small rivers and they run the GT series
    2022 Gator Trax Strike 20 w/Suzuki 250ss