Lake Gaston Questions

I'm considering an early May trip down to VA to fish Lake Gaston. We plan to fish for bass and crappie for a few days. I know it's a little late for the crappies, but how is the fishing at that time of the year for both species? Also, what's a good place to stay down there / eat down there?

2. Member
    Not too late for crappie. Never too late. Once they pull off the bank, they can be easier to find in good numbers. Have fun.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    I'm considering an early May trip down to VA to fish Lake Gaston. We plan to fish for bass and crappie for a few days. I know it's a little late for the crappies, but how is the fishing at that time of the year for both species? Also, what's a good place to stay down there / eat down there?
    I sent you a PM

4. Member
    Pretty much anytime is a good time for Gaston. You don't catch many giants, but numbers can be good especially with all the spots. I will offer up any knowledge I have (not much). I am down there quite often. With this crazy weather we are having I cannot begin to guess on what they will be doing.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758