VX20 - Coast Key

Does anyone else have constant trouble with the coast key beeping once the engine is started? The only way we can get it to start (without continuous beeping) is with the remote. But even with the remote the batteries constantly go dead or when it is cold outside it still beeps. We have even thought about installing the an old school ignition switch with a key. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Other than the coast key we absolutely love the VX20! Thanks in advance

2. Member
    I think I’ve seen a vexus vx online with just a key no buttons but could be wrong.

3. Member
    I had issues with my key fob as well. Found out it was entirely user error on my part. Even with the main power turned off, a small amount of current runs to the motor (Mercury in my case). The current runs through the ignition which results in the ignition switch and the key fob "talking to each other" if the fob is within range of the boat. I was constantly running my fob's batter dead because I keep the fob on my life jacket which is stored in the boat. Now that I remove the fob from the boat after each use, I have yet to run a battery dead. The beeping noise from the ignition is usually caused from the fob being unable to communicate (i.e. a dead battery).

I had to call CoastKey to ask why I couldn't get my fob to work with the boat. The customer service is awesome - I actually called on a Sunday! Anyways, what I typed above was my attempt at paraphrasing what I thought I was told!!! I hope that helps.