Ranger Transom Cap/Trim?

2006 519VX Transom Cap

Does anyone know where I can find one of these? Haven't called WRMG yet thinking I would throw it out here on the BBC first. Thanks in advance for responses and suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. mikesxpress
    Only from Ranger.

3. mikesxpress

4. Member
    Great Lakes Skipper may have it. I know they have some of these. When I pulled my engine I saved mine by taping it together and epoxying the underside. Transom cover for the older Rangers are hard to find.

5. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Will call Ranger. Great Lakes Skipper has nothing on their website but will call them as well. I'm liking the restoration product recommendations. Problem with restoration is the original owner cobbled the cap up a bit with some bad cuts when installing a Talon on one side. I cobbled up the other side when adding a second Talon

Thank You

6. Member
    Type in "Ranger Transom" in the search function on Great Lakes Skipper and the caps will come up.

I will also say without pulling the motor you will have a hard time getting that off. They used a lot of silicon under those to hold them on and seal that area.

7. mikesxpress
    Skip having dealt with this on multiple friends boats and my own Z21 Intracoastal you will need to contact Ranger parts and get a replacement trim cap. Have detailed pictures of your existing cap as they may have multiple configurations. Loosen your engine/jack plate mounting to the transom and let it rock back a bit. Remove the trim and remove the existing sealant down into the gap between the top cap and hull. You will need a tube of the original sealant Uroflex. You can get it from the link below. This stuff is the epitomy of NASTY sticky stuff. Mask off the area and caulk gun it down into the gap with a flat bead on top that covers both the top cap edge and the transom edge but can be hidden by the trim. Make sure you clean the underside of the trim with alcohol and be prepared to install it as soon as you have the sealant applied so it can adhere to the trim. Using weights and 100 mph duct tape to hold it in place for 48 hours, torque your mounting bolts and your good.
    Mike

https://basscatstore.com/uroflex.aspx

8. mikesxpress
    Moderators may want to move this to the tips section as this is a reoccurring issue with these flimsy trim pieces.

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Moderators may want to move this to the tips section as this is a reoccurring issue with these flimsy trim pieces.
    Added to the plastic trim refurbishment item already listed in “maintenance tips and tricks.”
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

10. mikesxpress
    Thanks John!

11. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amistad Tackle View Post
    Type in "Ranger Transom" in the search function on Great Lakes Skipper and the caps will come up.

I will also say without pulling the motor you will have a hard time getting that off. They used a lot of silicon under those to hold them on and seal that area.
    Thanks for this. I did that and the caps that come up don't match mine. Would be nice if they would specify years fitment. They are on my call list this week.

12. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Skip having dealt with this on multiple friends boats and my own Z21 Intracoastal you will need to contact Ranger parts and get a replacement trim cap. Have detailed pictures of your existing cap as they may have multiple configurations. Loosen your engine/jack plate mounting to the transom and let it rock back a bit. Remove the trim and remove the existing sealant down into the gap between the top cap and hull. You will need a tube of the original sealant Uroflex. You can get it from the link below. This stuff is the epitomy of NASTY sticky stuff. Mask off the area and caulk gun it down into the gap with a flat bead on top that covers both the top cap edge and the transom edge but can be hidden by the trim. Make sure you clean the underside of the trim with alcohol and be prepared to install it as soon as you have the sealant applied so it can adhere to the trim. Using weights and 100 mph duct tape to hold it in place for 48 hours, torque your mounting bolts and your good.
    Mike

https://basscatstore.com/uroflex.aspx
    Thank you for this. If I can find one I'll get it changed. Ranger is on my call list this week.

13. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Called Ranger Parts and ordered new transom cap. Quite a bit better and refreshing call with the rep there than my call last year. Very helpful and prompt. The canned statement is I can expect to receive it in 6-8 weeks but the Rep said it shouldn't take that long. Thanks for the help and recommendations fellas

14. Member
    Did you end up getting your trim piece? I called Ranger looking for the same thing for my 2003 521VX and was told it's discontinued. Mine isn't in terrible shape but I was going to reseal and replace everything.

Dave Barker - Pittsburgh, PA

2016 Phoenix 921 Pro XP 2016 Mercury 250 Pro XS