playing with arthritis?

I turned 73 a few weeks ago. Started having aches in my right arm and left wrist. The doc is blaming it on arthritis. He mentioned tylenol when it flares up. Played today and had a hard time cocking my left wrist on my back swing without pain. What drug have you used that helps keep the discomfort away while playing?
    thanks1

2. Member
    Advil for stiff back before I hit.
    Actually a good warm up and stretching was more important.
    Magnet bracelet(Sabona) helped tendon pain in right arm.
    Wrist exercise sticks helped with wrist pains and stiffness.
    https://www.goodlifephysiotherapy.ne...e-flex-sticks/

3. Member
    Why is it Docs only recommend Tylenol ? I've had injury related neck arthritis for a long time and Aleve works excellent for me. Since I came down with Late Onset RA 20 months ago, and now that the new meds have that mostly under control, I use a very stiff and tight fitting soft brace for my left wrist, works well, and used a "elbow sleeve" kind of thing for my right elbow. I only use those for golf and fishing, to help with the impact of striking the ball. Everyday life I do not use them.

Aleve, Tylenol whatever works best for you. I try to stay away from them all but sometimes you need some help.

I have knee, back, wrist and elbow issues. Can't remember the last time I had no pain.

When I lived in Jersey MJ helped a lot.

5. Member
    I put medium oversize grips on before I moved to Oklahoma. I now have a medical marijuana card. Use a tincture every morning, carry a cannabis salve in my golf bag for additional support and have a roll on for direct pain relief. Bought a new set of irons this spring and went back to standard grips. Y'all can joke or criticize all you want but I am very satisfied with my results. I couldn't shuffle cards and had a hard time tying my shoes. No more!

Retired grass grower

ROCK CHALK

6. Member
    [QUOTE=ring fry;12961161]I put medium oversize grips on before I moved to Oklahoma. I now have a medical marijuana card. Use a tincture every morning, carry a cannabis salve in my golf bag for additional support and have a roll on for direct pain relief. Bought a new set of irons this spring and went back to standard grips. Y'all can joke or criticize all you want but I am very satisfied with my results. I couldn't shuffle cards and had a hard time tying my shoes. No more!

Retired grass grower[/QUOTE
    Glad it is working for you. No laughing here.

How often do you play golf? I imagine fishing is tough too? I tried cbd for some aches and pains and it was no help. Then the cannibis cream which did provide relief and the stronger the longer the relief. Now I am in Texas and no opportunity to acquire the medicinal but luckily I don’t need them as my condition improved with steroids which I am almost done stairstepping dosages downward. However it seems that my hands and arms are sore after golfing and fishing 5 times a week. I would really like to find some topical relief that is legal here in Texas.
    How does the tincture work for you?

7. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    If you don't have graphite shafts in your irons, then I'd suggest you change them. After 40 plus years of playing and spending probably 15 of those beating 200-400 balls a day, my left elbow was toast. I switched to graphite in my irons for several years and it made a big difference. Big enough that I was able to go back to steel shafts.

8. Member
    [QUOTE=Bearetta;12961891]
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    I put medium oversize grips on before I moved to Oklahoma. I now have a medical marijuana card. Use a tincture every morning, carry a cannabis salve in my golf bag for additional support and have a roll on for direct pain relief. Bought a new set of irons this spring and went back to standard grips. Y'all can joke or criticize all you want but I am very satisfied with my results. I couldn't shuffle cards and had a hard time tying my shoes. No more!

Retired grass grower[/QUOTE
    Glad it is working for you. No laughing here.

How often do you play golf? I imagine fishing is tough too? I tried cbd for some aches and pains and it was no help. Then the cannibis cream which did provide relief and the stronger the longer the relief. Now I am in Texas and no opportunity to acquire the medicinal but luckily I don’t need them as my condition improved with steroids which I am almost done stairstepping dosages downward. However it seems that my hands and arms are sore after golfing and fishing 5 times a week. I would really like to find some topical relief that is legal here in Texas.
    How does the tincture work for you?
    I play about 4 days a week now. Fish 2-3. Yea, fishing was getting pretty tough as well. I tried the CBD tincture and salve when I lived in Kansas. They helped a very little bit. Just don't think they were strong enough. I'm not really sure how the tincture works. When I first started I just did the salve. It helped as a temporary fix. I started taking the tincture in the mornings and the longer I took it the less I had to use the salve. By the way; the salve works great for fire ant bites. :) Oh, I'll be 70 this year.

Retired grass grower

ROCK CHALK

9. Member

10. Member
    I have bad hand arthritis from work. I’m retired now. Had trigger finger surgery both hands. No help. I get cortisol injections every 6 months.
    I go from not being able to swing a club or hold a fishing rod to do anything thing I want pain free for 5 1/2months.