Thread: Prop?

Prop?

I’m running a 23 fury on a 2019 Z20 250 4stroke, it seems that’s the most common but is anyone running anything different? If so, what and what kind of top end are you getting?

2. Member
    I’m running a 24 tempest, it runs about 69 but seems to run out of rpm’s. Have a 24 fury that runs 70+ empty but can bog down loaded. Would love to try a 23 fury, thinking it’d be the right prop for me.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I’m running70-71 tourney loaded and 2 people , so it’s a good fit . I’m just looking to squeeze a little more out!
    Ive never ran a worked prop , thought about trying that. Just curious to see what others are running and get their thoughts.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro26 View Post
    I’m running70-71 tourney loaded and 2 people , so it’s a good fit . I’m just looking to squeeze a little more out!
    Ive never ran a worked prop , thought about trying that. Just curious to see what others are running and get their thoughts.
    It's been a little while since I've seen a prop thread, curious what most people are running nowadays. I have had dual console graphs for a while now, and finally got the kit to relocate my gauges so I can actually see my rpms now . I had no idea I was hitting redline on my tempest, I need to swap props again and see what rpms I'm at with my 24 fury.

I know most people run 24 furys and that seems to be the all around best prop. I'd strongly consider a 4 blade though, or maybe a 23p fury, as I'd rather have it set up for full fuel, livewells full, co angler etc.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Anyone else care to chime in?

6. Member
    I am running a 24 Fury on my 2022 Z20 turning 6150-6200, I run pretty light , live wells usually empty as i don't tournament fish much any more but 73 - 74 my consistent top end, but have seen higher on those nice days when I feel like driving. Downside for me is the only way I prevent blowout on hole shot is by burying the jack plate, then raising the plate once on pad. Sweet spot on my Atlas Gauge is 11-12, I don't know the Prop to pad distance of this but its just over half way up and any higher I start losing water pressure. All PVS holes completely plugged. Without the plugs it would blow out regardless of the Jackplate height.