VA forum is dead

Always a lot of viewers but little posting.

crappie fishing yesterday at Anna was dead for me as well.

2. Member
    every since they got hacked (a few times, but last one was last straw), they took away the member Chat and the another add on to prevent further hacking and most people just moved to Facebook.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

3. Member
    I think the same issue is occurring here that is occurring on local lakes forums.. People are being more secretive about how they go about fishing and their techniques, even though nothing is a secret anymore... Money is making the world go round now days and any info that is shared can be used against you. Tournaments are occurring every weekend on lakes and if you share how you caught them during the week, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage going into the tournaments ( if you are fishing the TX ). I may be completely wrong but this is just from my observations.. Sad how its going.

4. Member
    I think Squire is referring to the VA-Outdoors.com website and their forums. However, this forum is also just about as dead.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josephsharpe99 View Post
    I think the same issue is occurring here that is occurring on local lakes forums.. People are being more secretive about how they go about fishing and their techniques, even though nothing is a secret anymore... Money is making the world go round now days and any info that is shared can be used against you. Tournaments are occurring every weekend on lakes and if you share how you caught them during the week, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage going into the tournaments ( if you are fishing the TX ). I may be completely wrong but this is just from my observations.. Sad how it’s going.
    since I don’t fish tournaments, I don’t mind sharing some of my secret techniques. As soon as I have some, I’ll let you know!
    since I don’t fish tournaments, I don’t mind sharing some of my secret techniques. And as soon as I develop some secrets, I’ll let you know.

6. Member
    I get it to a point. People can be general and still helpful without giving out a specific spots. Water conditions or temps can help etc.
    even mentioning a local festival could be interesting to someone.

7. Member
    I agree with it being dead. I used to post quite a bit but no one really seemed interested and/or did not want to add. I kind of gave up as well.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

095BB6F4-B864-4920-9E1F-41EEA063A525.jpeg 2E2E4A94-B9DE-4A3D-9FAB-C7E431DCC58C.jpeg

Maybe this 9.40 from Smith Mountain that my buddy caught will bring some excitement to the VA page
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    Damn... that is a beast!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

10. Member
    Love the shape of that fish. That is awesome.
    full moon next week and second week of temps in 80’s down in SC.
    I am headed to SC Thursday night to fish Santee Cooper Friday and Saturday and hope to catch a few pigs like that.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    Love the shape of that fish. That is awesome.
    full moon next week and second week of temps in 80’s down in SC.
    I am headed to SC Thursday night to fish Santee Cooper Friday and Saturday and hope to catch a few pigs like that.
    Years ago I used to go to Santee Cooper and sometimes stayed at Canal Lakes Fish Camp. I don't know if they have the same cook, Miss Patsy, but she
    made the best catfish stew. The fried catfish was also excellent.

12. Member
    on life support

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    on life support
    A-You?
    B-This board ?
    C-the fish camp?

14. Member
    D-Miss Patsy?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motobuffy View Post
    D-Miss Patsy?
    I hope she's not on life support. She could cook up some awesome meals. Probably retired by now.

16. Member
    The board is slow, but the James river is Hot Hot Hot this week. Going to be some really nice bag in the CATT on Saturday.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    The board is slow, but the James river is Hot Hot Hot this week. Going to be some really nice bag in the CATT on Saturday.
    I'll be there. I was planning on running to the Chick, but all this rain and high wind tomorrow will have me sticking close.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

18. Member
    coming to kerr end of april or gaston if someone wants to go out for a day or two.