Thread: T2-26

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

T2-26

I have a PHX21 and wanted to know if anyone had luck running a T2 26pitch prop on a 250 sho ?

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    would not recommend it as the main prop, ok for winter and for a backup but you will have a hard time getting RPMS above 6000
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Ok, Thank you. The T-2 25pitch are tough to find..

4. Member
    Buddy tried a T2-26 on a 20phx with SHO, Like Andy said was a little low on RPM, and didn't seem like it gave the boat enough lift.
    Fish have fins, they swim

5. Member
    Are you needing a 25 as a new primary or are you looking for a secondary prop?

6. Member
    25 for primary. the current one cracked on me. have a 25 solas scorpion for secondary.

7. Member
    If you can find one to try, you might give a 26 bravo a shot as a primary over the Sho prop. I run a 27 on my 721 and like it better than my 25 Sho prop even after croxton worked on it. Better holeshot, handling, and it's even a few mph faster in the colder months and equal in summer even though I need to have a touch of pitch pulled out.
    Another option are the turbo fxp props. It's a Sho prop clone that runs dang good and are usually a little easier to find.

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    If you can find one to try, you might give a 26 bravo a shot as a primary over the Sho prop. I run a 27 on my 721 and like it better than my 25 Sho prop even after croxton worked on it. Better holeshot, handling, and it's even a few mph faster in the colder months and equal in summer even though I need to have a touch of pitch pulled out.
    Another option are the turbo fxp props. It's a Sho prop clone that runs dang good and are usually a little easier to find.
    this^^^^^

I have had good luck with the FXP in the past and I still also have Bravos, they need to be the FS or XS
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member
    Consider havg the same pitch Solas Scorpion "WORKED". Do a little research on prop shops, my guy is in GA, lots of experience with Solas.
    I replaced my cracked T2's with both Scorpion. I'm exceeding the performance of the T2 with the Scorpion----again that was worked, but same 25p 15-1/8"
    Investigate blade thickness(s), material composition (hardness / softness) and ask questions about how the same pitch prob can be worked and you DO NOT HAVE TO DROP PITCH.
    I have two, have run them both. Both "worked Scorpion props" outperform the T2 at same diameter and same pitch.
    Skeeter ZX225 SHO 225 at 8 dots, 3rd hole Yamaha hanger.

10. Member
    Thank you all for the info. I live in Indiana so i can have Mark check out the scorpion and see if he could improve it.

11. Member
    Not trying to hijack the thread but are guys with Phoenix/Sho combos usually running wedges? I can’t overtrim even with my plate up all the way and feel the wedges would get me more lift regardless of the prop.

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenG10 View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread but are guys with Phoenix/Sho combos usually running wedges? I can’t overtrim even with my plate up all the way and feel the wedges would get me more lift regardless of the prop.
    THE SHO needs wedges if you run lithiums, and wont hurt if you dont, most SHOs on a Phoenix can run max trim and could use a couple more bumps
    info@drewcraft.com

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    THE SHO needs wedges if you run lithiums, and wont hurt if you dont, most SHOs on a Phoenix can run max trim and could use a couple more bumps
    Appreciate the info. I’ll probably throw some on it since it won’t hurt. 2 degree or 5 degree?
    Gonna switch to lithium in a couple months. I’ll get ahold of you.

14. Member
    Appreciate the info. I’ll probably throw some on it since it won’t hurt. 2 degree or 5 degree?
    I don't even have lithiums and need wedges on mine with a 12" plate.

15. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I prefer the 5 degree but I also run a baily foil so I was already taking off at 1/4 trim
    info@drewcraft.com

16. Member
    Wondering, what did you wind up with?
    I received my second Scorpion (worked) and it is perfect !!
    Both continue to outperform the T2.
    As mentioned in a few of my previous post, worked Scorpion is still less than non-worked T2.

17. Member
    I've run a 26 SHO prop since my boat was knew. It runs it fine. Ran the boat 75 earlier in its life but I'm loaded to heavy now and not balanced to run. I cruise if on open water about 50 to 55 with hands off the wheel. Even loaded heavy, tank full, livewells full, and 3 grown men it still has a better holeshot than some boats I've been in or around regardless of temp.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    I've run a 26 SHO prop since my boat was knew. It runs it fine. Ran the boat 75 earlier in its life but I'm loaded to heavy now and not balanced to run. I cruise if on open water about 50 to 55 with hands off the wheel. Even loaded heavy, tank full, livewells full, and 3 grown men it still has a better holeshot than some boats I've been in or around regardless of temp.
    the 21phx is going to be heavier than the 721. Even on a 20phx it seemed like the t2-26 was just a bit too much prop. I could feel it trying to lift and then the bow would drop an inch or two, over and over while WOT.
    Fish have fins, they swim

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    the 21phx is going to be heavier than the 721. Even on a 20phx it seemed like the t2-26 was just a bit too much prop. I could feel it trying to lift and then the bow would drop an inch or two, over and over while WOT.
    100 lbs different as per Phoenix. I would bet the 100 lbs is bow weight. I've heard 10 lbs on the bow equals 100 lbs on the transom. 26 would probably be a little much for a 921. I would try a 25 sometime but would really matter as I'm not going to move my tackle and stuff from where it is.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

20. Member
    I ended up running the scorpion 25p. So far so good probably will get another Scorpion and have it worked . Don't like only having 1 prop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast