SMITH & WESSON MP SHIELD

EZ 9 or Ez 30 Super carry witch one has the best range. this is for my daugher that lives in arkanas she has had people threaten
    her and her dogs on hiking trailes.
    Last edited by walkswithbass; 02-20-2023 at 04:30 PM.

2. Member
    Many more ammo choices in 9mm than 30 super carry as far as I can see. I'd pick the 9mm just on that factor alone if I didn't reload. I do believe the 30 may hold two extra rounds and the grip is only slightly longer but I'd still pick the 9. But that's mainly due to me not wanting to invest (reloading stuff) in another caliber.

3. Member
    Get the 9. No way I would get the 30.

4. mikesxpress
    The choices presented are for self defense which when it comes to traditional training for self-defense, it’s always been about being up close and personal. The FBI statistics show the average distance is around 7-10 yards with around 6 shots being fired. The 9mm has proven itself to be very effective at that range with the appropriate self defense rounds.

5. Member
    If you are going to get her a gun, please get her training also.

9mm gets my vote. I carried a first Gen Shield for several years and really like the platform.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

My friends daughter has an EZ 9…I have a range here behind my house and she shoots it here….she has a problem limp wristing the gun, and it not functioning properly. Whether it’s the grip safety or the soft recoil spring not sure, but my wife and both my daughters can shoot the gun and have “some” similar issues. I can shoot a gun with no issues. The same young lady has shot a Glock 43, 43x, CZ P10S, HK P30SK, HKVP 9, FNX 45 Tac, Walther PDP, several competition guns and many many more larger and smaller platforms with no issues….
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Quote Originally Posted by catman2 View Post
    If you are going to get her a gun, please get her training also.
    This first and foremost. secondly, she needs to understand how when and why do you draw your firearm. Some people get a false sense of security when they carry a firearm.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

9. Member
    A bit off topic but how would you compare the Smith & Wesson SD9VE to the shield. Seems you can get them used pretty cheap. Thought about getting one for no reason really other than I dont have any S&W stuff.

The shield just smaller etc ?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    A bit off topic but how would you compare the Smith & Wesson SD9VE to the shield. Seems you can get them used pretty cheap. Thought about getting one for no reason really other than I dont have any S&W stuff.

The shield just smaller etc ?
    The shield is smaller. It's part of the M&P line which one of their top lines. The SDVE is the lower level line of pistols. Nothing wrong with them but not much in the way of aftermarket accessories, ie: triggers,springs, etc..