Other prop suggestions for 2010 Triton 21hp with 300 pro xs?

I have a couple of fury 4 blade props, one a 24 pitch and one a 25 pitch, both b&b by Mark. I had a 25 tempest plus also b&b by Mark that was about 3 mph faster than the fury 25 but like a doofus I sold it.

In the summer I run more guys in the boat and warm temps and higher elevations around 3600’ so the 24 fury seems to b the ticket for that as well as easier on gas. On Saturday after having the boat to the shop for yearly maintenance I went to the lake and found it running 2-3 mph slower than before on both the fury props which was weird. Temps were 65 degrees. Elevation is 3000’. Hole shot fine on both but the 24 fury only ran 71.5 @ 6120 rpm’s and the 25 ran 73 @ 5800 rpm’s.

Id like to have a prop with acceptable hole shot but higher top end for winter time when it’s usually only me in the boat so looking for suggestions?

Last year in early may I ran to Havasu at 1500’ and the 25 tempest plus ran 78+ plus but I sold it. Duh. I’ve heard this boat should be capable of running 80+ with this 300 and the right prop so which one would that be?

2. Member
    Pro-max if you're just looking for top end, but they're not great props at getting on plane and turns. However, a Bravo XS is the fastest prop on my boat, 2-3 mph faster than promax's, excellent hole shot and in turns, never loses grip, even jacked way up. But probably 25" in the Bravo and 26" in a promax.

3. Member
    Thank you! I'll keep an eye out as I'd heard that recommendation before on the bravo xs.

I have 26 ronnie gilbert prepped fury 3 that should work great on that boat 916 813 0321
    Thank You Leon Pugh

I have 26 ronnie gilbert fury 3 that should work great on that boat 916 813 0321, would except a 25 fury as partial payment for this prop
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Member
    Thanks for the offer but I've found a 25p tempest plus I've sent off to Mark to get worked.

Quote Originally Posted by dbs1 View Post
    Thanks for the offer but I've found a 25p tempest plus I've sent off to Mark to get worked.
    Its gona hit the limiter hard
    Thank You Leon Pugh

8. Member
    Well truth is I already had one on this boat, worked by Croxton and everything and sold it like a smuck. I had to go to Lake Havasu and the Colorado river (lowest elevation closest to me) in the cool of spring last year to get it to 6220 rpm and close to 79mph. Never hit the rev limiter but hole shot was nothing to brag about.

Lakes I frequent are 1500’ elevation (rarely go there) but usually 3000-3500’ elevation so can’t quite get the power needed to hit the rev limiter. If I could I’m thinking a 26p 3 blade would get to that 80mph mark.