Main battery wiring 92 Pro 180

Hello friends, I have a question about the main wiring off the cranking battery.
    Let me explain the whole story. I have added several electronic upgrades and wired in a separate lithium battery to run them all. While I was at it I thought why not run all the boat power needs off the same battery and leave the cranking battery for just starting. So that is what I thought I did, on the main battery are 2 wires, one heavy guage for the starter I imagine and another one about 10 ga that I assumed ran the rest of the power, ie pumps, lights etc.

Well over the weekend I had an issue with my in-dash flasher (yes, I still have a digital flasher) shutting off whenever I started the motor.

So, my question is what is the 10ga wire on the battery powering and how is the electrical system powered?

I'm confused but I know one of my expert friends can set me straight.

Thanks in advance.
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

2. Member
    Your in dash flasher is most likely wired from your gauges and that's why its turning off. Your Gauges on your dash are run through through ignition/shifter and into the motor. They received their power from that main wire. (altleast that's how it is on my boat.(92 Astro 17scx))

You could just run two new power wires from the flasher to your lithium.

As for your pumps I cnt really help you there. Previous owner of my boat had messed around with relays and wiring and when i purchased I pulled all the wires out and re wired.

Thanks Rick. I kind of corrected the issue partially because of an issue with the battery, but I'm not sure that was the total cause. Electrical issues make my head hurt. But for now it is working on and off. Now it just shuts off randomly. Oh well
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS