Livewell Treatment Tank

After reading about this feature on Jacob Wheeler’s new boat, I decided to make one myself for my boat.

I bought a windshield washer kit from Amazon for $18.99, wired it up and ran the hoses to each livewell with a valve to control which livewell is being used. Bought the valve at a pet store. It's made for fish tanks, but works fine for this purpose. Now I’ll just add my livewell treatment to the tank and push the button on my dash to add treatment to the livewells. Sure, it’s easy enough to just pour it in there, but this way I don’t have to dig it out, measure how much I need, etc. Push the button for a few seconds and I’m done and back to fishing.
    9570A1F4-80AE-48CF-B8C4-EB123BEA3FF3.jpeg

2. Member
    Great idea!

I’m curious as to which treatment you plan to use

I’m also curious if at the end of the season you feel you are using more or less and what to total cost of treatment is
    "The handicapped angler"

2009 ELITE 210

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I’m curious as to which treatment you plan to use

I’m also curious if at the end of the season you feel you are using more or less and what to total cost of treatment is
    I have a bottle of catch and release that I've been using for the last couple of years and barely put a dent in it. I only use it in the summer when the water is warm though. I think the ratio is like a tablespoon per 10 gallons but I never measure it. I just sprinkle some in when I first fill the livewells and that's it. I run my pumps on recirculate all day, so I'm not mixing in fresh water and diluting it. The washer fluid tank is 1.5 liters, so I'll probably add 1/4 of a cup or so to it mixed with lake water. I tested the pump output with a measuring cup and it took about 10-12 seconds to pump 8 oz. I fish team tournaments and only use my boat half the time. I may not use much at all since we only fish a few tournaments after the water warms up. I do fish some evening jackpots during the summer, but doubt I'll use it for those since it's only 3 hours. I never have added any treatment in the past during those. I'll report back at the end of the year and update this post.