My Deck Extension

Well I was in need of a deck extension for my 201D. Need to build a step in the next couple of days. After several knee surgeries and a back surgery it’s time.

I built the frame from angled aluminum and aluminum square tubing. The 1” angle is held down by the rod lockers, there is not hardware so if I want remove it for whatever reason I can. I brazed 3/4” to the 1”angle to that holds the square tubing. The from portion of the deck screwed down to the square tubing. I cut the deck in half and attached a piano hinge. The back half folds up so I can access stuff under the deck.

the carpet doesn’t match but I plan on recarpeting in the near future. My 10yr old so was an excellent helper today helping me staple carpet, with the piano hinge, and getting everything screwed on.

2. Member
    My boat has a extention in place and when I redo my carpet this next winter I plan on making it an actual usable storage. Will make mine 2 parts. Top 1/4 as a day box and bottom 3/4 will open towards cockpit as rain gear storage

Great job and a great helper! I need to make a step for mine. Back and knee problems here as well.

Tom