Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Buy the Fish Obsessed mount and be done with all the charging brackets and stuff. It adjusts very easily to almost any angle you would want!

2. Member
    Those brackets are pretty slick

I had forgotten about the "Scout Mode" only mount that goes on the TM head. This is firing up my tinglies even more to add a 2nd AT unit - run one in Scout on the TM Motor, and keep the F/D on the Live Foot. Going to wait on AT2 Reviews/comparisons, as Scout mode might be the weakest part of AT1 from what I'm understanding - not sure if AT2 can/will improve that any - but thinking of picking up another AT1 as the price starts dropping a bit more.

EDIT - I noticed Ken Smith has done somethign similar with his Garmin, he pulled his HB 360 as he says he never uses it anymore due to FFS. He actually added a third unit up front to keep a mapping screen also - not sure if I would go that far but I do like the idea of Scout and Forward mode running together on a pair of 12's up front.

I just purchased a rytek mount for infinite adjustability. looks like the FO mount is a fair bit cheaper.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I just purchased a rytek mount for infinite adjustability. looks like the FO mount is a fair bit cheaper.
    The Rytek Mount is amazing... I had the FO and it's a good mount for a TM Shaft setup, but for a Pole Mount the Rytek is the way to go for sure. I think they may be the only ones that allow switching between F/D and Scout/Perspective Mode without turning the transducer 90* off center. Most pole mounts just flip it up to the side which results in the cone shooting 90* left or right of your pole mount direction indicator. And will reduce your turning radius to that side as well. Ryan's design turns the transducer on the centerline of the pole so it stays true to the pole mount indicator.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    The Rytek Mount is amazing... I had the FO and it's a good mount for a TM Shaft setup, but for a Pole Mount the Rytek is the way to go for sure. I think they may be the only ones that allow switching between F/D and Scout/Perspective Mode without turning the transducer 90* off center. Most pole mounts just flip it up to the side which results in the cone shooting 90* left or right of your pole mount direction indicator. And will reduce your turning radius to that side as well. Ryan's design turns the transducer on the centerline of the pole so it stays true to the pole mount indicator.
    The Fish Obsessed pole mount does indeed remain on the center line. Just got to make sure you order the correct parts/pieces made for a pole mount.

This is forward/down position.

20230223_041556[1] by Doug Wei, on Flickr

The shaft/pole was not moved. Just put transducer in scout mode with FO mount. It does offset about 1/2 the width of the transducer from the pole centerline but it remains parallel with the shaft.

20230223_041628[1] by Doug Wei, on Flickr
    Last edited by yupitsme; 02-23-2023 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    The Fish Obsessed pole mount does indeed remain on the center line. Just got to make sure you order the correct parts/pieces made for a pole mount.r
    You're right, I was thinking about inline pole mounts I guess, ie without the arm hanging off the Pole. I ran the FO when I ran the ducer on the TM, it is an excellent mount as well.

You're right, I was thinking about inline pole mounts I guess, ie without the arm hanging off the Pole. I ran the FO when I ran the ducer on the TM, it is an excellent mount as well.
    Seems one factor between the Rytek and FO is Rytek is infinite adjustment while FO goes by the clicks. Maybe not a big deal but certainly could be for some. I suppose a washer between the ratchet would solve the issue for FO.

9. Member
    FO has a mount that inserts into the pole ID - similar to Rytek. The way I designed my mount prevented the use of that style attachement.
    Last edited by yupitsme; 02-25-2023 at 05:59 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
    So watching the Big O tournament yesterday and today I hear Steve Kennedy talking about changing the angle on the AT bracket. After installing mine last year I kinda thought to myself that it looked like it was pointing awful low for shallow water fishing. Anyone done this with theirs in shallow water mainly and noticed a big difference?
    Does any one know what day of the tournament this was on. Searching for the video on Bass Live.

I believe it was the first day of the tournament when I heard it.
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    In the box with my AT2 was an extra bracket recommended for Scout mode in Shallow water.

NoCAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    No, I haven’t googled it. Do they sell these shallow brackets separately? Seems like it would help us guys with the AT1, just screw the ducer onto the shallow bracket, without all the twisting and bending.

Any way to find the part number for the shallow water bracket?
    So I've decided to take the plunge and add a 2nd AT1 since prices have dropped so much... Since the shallow water bracket comes with the AT2, I searched the Lowrance page but couldn't find it listed. Does anyone have the part number, or is it just not available seperately?

I'll be running the Rytech mount on my Pole Mount in Forward mode, but for Scout mode I am figuring on just using the TM Scout mount that mounts on top of the TM motor barrel. I suppose I can bend the AT1 bracket if the Shallow version's not available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12