Thread: Tesla

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tesla

Bought a little at 200. Would like to buy a little more at a lower price to hold. Wouldn't mind buying low and selling high a few times the next few years. It's been bouncing pretty good up and down. Especially up.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Thats what I do. I maintain a holding, while buying dips and selling rips several times a year. There was alot more dip buying last year, got a little nervous. I want to be fully loaded for investor day. 2023 should be a big year for Tesla, Energy, Cyber Truck, next gen car, new locations for plants........
    Thanos was the hero

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Today is Tesla Investor day. They are streaming the event on their youtube channel.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    Stock is down 11 bucks after hours. From what I read, it’s a lack of what he did not say…

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Stock is down 11 bucks after hours. From what I read, it’s a lack of what he did not say…

Probably my fault. I sold my initial Tesla stock when it bounced a little and bought the dip at 199 and change today. Just in time for it to go down eleven bucks and change after hours the same day.

I'm still not worried. It is a long term investment. If it goes down I'll just buy more.

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    The opening statement of the event summed it up pretty well. The event wasn't about near term but about years into the future. Not a whole lot of new things. And nothing that would affect the stock positively near term.

One thing that I thought was interesting. They are going to offer, in Texas, unlimited nighttime charging for $30 a month. Texas has a too much wind power problem at night. The program will spread to other areas in the future as more wind and solar come on line.

Giga Mexico was confirmed but is a few years out before being meaningful.

There was hints that they are at 2million car production run rate, higher than the 1.8 mil goal for 2023. Which is positive, but will they need to lower prices more? Hard to sell cars in a possible recession.

There was alot of things missing that I think many would have liked to hear about. It was a bit of a dud.
    Thanos was the hero

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    It’s a common complaint that Tesla’s are expensive but with an average selling price of new autos in the U.S. at $50,000 is that a fair criticism? Don’t both the Model 3 and Model Y fall at or below that number?

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    It’s a common complaint that Tesla’s are expensive but with an average selling price of new autos in the U.S. at $50,000 is that a fair criticism? Don’t both the Model 3 and Model Y fall at or below that number?

The model 3 rwd is below $50K. With incentives the model Y is also. Although there is uncertainty about which vehicles qualify for the tax incentives.

The Gen 2 car is rumored to cost $25K will, probably be closer to $30K.

And now that investor day is over, we find out that the Mexico plant will be larger than Texas, double the production and they plan to break ground in about 3 months. And, Tom Zhu, who is in charge of global operations and oversaw Chinese buildouts, said they plan to break the Chinese factory record of 12 months for ground breaking to first deliveries. Which is thought to be impossible. I ended the presentation with the thought that the next car wouldn't affect earnings for several years. This might be a 2024 story.
    Thanos was the hero

9. Member
    Gets on my nerves that I always tell myself when this one is a good flip and don't buy, then it comes up just like I figured it would

10. Member
    Is it bottoming here for a bit?

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Is it bottoming here for a bit?

I don't think so. I don't think there is anything wrong with the company. But I think there is something wrong with the market. With the help of the market going lower, I believe it will drag TSLA down with it. I still believe QT will matter. Money supply is shrinking, and historically has always been rather bad for the markets.

Now, I'm still holding a bunch of TSLA, but I also have the most cash I've had in a long time sitting on the sidelines. I'm ready to buy more at lower prices.
    Thanos was the hero

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I don't think so. I don't think there is anything wrong with the company. But I think there is something wrong with the market. With the help of the market going lower, I believe it will drag TSLA down with it. I still believe QT will matter. Money supply is shrinking, and historically has always been rather bad for the markets.

Now, I'm still holding a bunch of TSLA, but I also have the most cash I've had in a long time sitting on the sidelines. I'm ready to buy more at lower prices.
    Sounds valid, same here. I just can't feel good enough about buying anything yet either.

13. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I feel like the type of person who invests in and with a "silicon valley" bank is the same type of person who invests in TSLA. If this person loses alot of money in SVB, will they need to sell some TSLA to raise cash? Something that I'm thinking about.
    Thanos was the hero

14. Member
    I've been buying small lots on dips. Planning on buying more if it keeps going down. Not worried about it because I'm in for a long while. If it doesn't go up or grow in the next ten or so years I'll just get by on the other stuff I have coming in. I'm 56 and I'm looking for another revenue stream for when I'm in my mid to late 60's.

I've been buying some Amazon, Tesla and building some dividend income. If I can grow my passive income by a hundred dollars a year off dividends it will mean a extra thousand a month in ten years. Been reinvesting and adding a couple of hundred a month for a while and I'm up to about 75 dollars a month so far in dividends.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I feel like the type of person who invests in and with a "silicon valley" bank is the same type of person who invests in TSLA. If this person loses alot of money in SVB, will they need to sell some TSLA to raise cash? Something that I'm thinking about.
    Apparently Elon tweeted he may be interested in buying SVB. Whether he is serious or not (or whether it is true) is anyones guess.

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    Apparently Elon tweeted he may be interested in buying SVB. Whether he is serious or not (or whether it is true) is anyones guess.

I saw that and immediately was happy that I don't have any margin in use.
    Thanos was the hero

17. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Good China insurance data this morning. I bought more. For some reason wallstreet expectations is zero earnings growth this year. I disagree.
    Thanos was the hero

18. Member
    I wanted to buy some yesterday at the opening price but I just couldn't make myself hit the buy button. I think it was around 165ish. Looks pretty good now. I don't like to see my stuff in red. I'll be glad when it goes up a little more. I'm hoping one day I'm sitting around thinking I wish I would have bought more when it was in the 180's.

19. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Don't know how accurate this is but somebody threw a chart together that shows stock performance after moody's rates the company investment grade. Which happened today

https://twitter.com/Tslachan/status/1637945592671522816

Thanos was the hero

20. Member
    Up over 10.50. Not sure if it has anything to do with the Moody's rating or not but I'm liking it. I like it when my stuff is green instead of red.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast