Thread: Tesla

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Hmmm should I buy before the meeting...if I do it will drop no matter what

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Hmmm should I buy before the meeting...if I do it will drop no matter what

I bought calls and puts, the stock won't move. But seriously, I'm nervous, I hope it's nothing
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I bought calls and puts, the stock won't move. But seriously, I'm nervous, I hope it's nothing

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    That was a good meeting. I'm feeling good about the future. Musk is pessimistic about the next 12 months though due to interest rates. The macro might hit share price over the next 6 months but I see new highs within 2 years.

Not that I expect the robot to be meaningful for many years, the progress they showed was very impressive.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    Elon just picked up some more haters from the pro George Soros fans. Apparently Elon called out Soros for dumping Tesla stock and blasted Soros for wanting to erode the very fabric of civilization and that he hates Humanity.

Billionaire fight!

That was a good meeting. I'm feeling good about the future. Musk is pessimistic about the next 12 months though due to interest rates. The macro might hit share price over the next 6 months but I see new highs within 2 years.

Not that I expect the robot to be meaningful for many years, the progress they showed was very impressive.
    He tweets about Soros frequently. He is a great follow on twitter, it is fun to watch people lose their chit in the comments.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Elon has very thin skin, he thinks if someone sells Tesla stock that it is a personal affront to him. Investing means you both buy and sell stocks. He needs to get over himself a bit.

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Elon has very thin skin, he thinks if someone sells Tesla stock that it is a personal affront to him. Investing means you both buy and sell stocks. He needs to get over himself a bit.

He went after Soros, not because of the stock sales, but because of the influence Soros has with local politics. The issue with Soros is the funding of DA's that are soft on criminals. And the open borders ideology that Soros has.
    Thanos was the hero

9. Member
    For those who own Tesla I would like to inform you that your TSLA stock is probably going to do pretty good in the short term. I sold mine on the latest bump and took some profit. I'm sure it will go up like a rocket so I can't re invest at a lower price any time soon. I would like to get back in around the 185-187 price point.
    Last edited by g2072; 05-30-2023 at 02:49 AM.

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I have regretted nearly every time I sold a share, and only one time I wished I had sold but didn't. There's probably a good chance we get a dip but the issue I have is, you just never know when there will be a random announcement like the one we just had with Ford.
    Thanos was the hero

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g2072 View Post
    For those who own Tesla I would like to inform you that your TSLA stock is probably going to do pretty good in the short term. I sold mine on the latest bump and took some profit. I'm sure it will go up like a rocket so I can't re invest at a lower price any time soon. I would like to get back in around the 185-187 price point.
    Thanks

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Thanks
    Always willing to help. Ima still looking to re invest but that's just how it works for me. I do alright but man, it sure seems like the stars are against me at times. Nothing wrong with taking a profit even it it usually means I miss out on another bounce.

13. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Closed above the 200day. Last time above it was last Septmember. IF we hold around $200 for a week or two, we get a "golden cross"
    Thanos was the hero

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Sold a couple shares this morning. After this recent move, I think the risk reward favors the downside a bit.
    Thanos was the hero

15. Member
    Sold a couple shares this morning. After this recent move, I think the risk reward favors the downside a bit.
    I sold a week or so ago. Took some profit and watched it gain 25pts in a little over a week. Yes, I made a little money when I sold and that's why we invest but I sure left some on the table.

I'm about 20% up on my AMZN and have been thinking about taking profit on it also. I just hate the thought of taking the profit and watching it explode like the TSLA did.

I'm investing again after several years outside my Roth IRA trying to build for real retirement. Doing some dividend stuff as well as things like the TSLA and AMZN. Trying to build another revenue stream in eight to ten years.
    Last edited by g2072; 06-05-2023 at 05:40 PM.

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    this price action. I like it, but I don't understand it. Just making a guess. I think someone big has been buying shares. Maybe Musk is buying back shares he sold. In the past, moves like this were explained by options market. I'm not seeing anyone making that claim now, in fact, I see alot of WTF is going on. $230 was a price level that I was gonna sell a little, but I'm gonna wait to see if anything comes out to explain this move.
    Thanos was the hero

17. Member
    I keep waiting on a dip. Hasn't happened since before it went over 200. I'm not buying at current levels. If I miss out I'll just get on something else.

18. Member
    Sold mine a few days ago for a nice profit…but it keeps going up.

19. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Another charger deal. Ford and now GM will use Tesla's chargers. Everyone will adopt Tesla's NACS charging plug.
    Thanos was the hero

20. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Nearly every car will be an EV, and every EV will charge on a Tesla charger. The super charger network will be a cash printing machine
    Thanos was the hero

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast