Hartwell - Best Bait Shop and Restaurant

Coming down next weekend with my Dad and Father in Law to Hartwell for the first time for a few days.

Staying near Broyles Recreation area. Looking for some local info on good bait stores nearby and best/favorite restaurants vs chains.

Also, is there much water level fluctuation this time of year in February/March? If so, any good website to check routinely? Got 5 inches of rain in Central KY this week and some lakes rose as much as 15 ft!

Thanks for the help

2. Banned
    Lake hartwell fishing and marine is the best tackle shop you’ll ever set foot in. There are options to eat in Anderson, hartwell, Clemson. We usually cook ourselves when we go to hartwell so I can’t help you much there on local recommendations for restaurants. Lake is down almost 2 foot and probably will hang around that level but we are always a blink of an eye away from a flood around here. I love the level it is at right now. You can fish a lot of different ways when it’s down 2 foot.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    There's Townville cafe off exit 11 I-85 for breakfast, as KB said best tackle shop is Lake Hartwell Fishing and Marine if Randy doesn't have it you don't need it. They have non-ethanol fuel. Farther down hwy 24 there are two grocery stores, Ingle's is on the left and Food Lion is on the right. Ingle's has gas pumps, on past that there is a good Mexican restaurant on the right El Arriero, used to be a chicken shack down the street on the left Chicken basket. Almost forgot the Fruit Punch on the right. Three boat shops also on the Anderson side of hwy 24 Strickland's is a Ranger Merc dealer, across from El Arriero is Captn Daves more of a pleasure boat store. If you take a left at the light just down Whitehall rd is Lee's Marine 'Rude/Merc dealer. On down I-85 Anderson exit 19 A/B Clemson blvd are a bunch of different eateries, 19A has Texas roadhouse and many others. Enjoy and have fun.