Looking for tackle recommendations to fish around Tampa

I'm headed to Tampa at the end of March to fish inshore for a week. I have a ton of largemouth and smallmouth gear, what should I bring to target Reds/snook/tarpon?

Reds, snook, trout ,flounder ,etc. Your medium heavy spinning rod for bass with 10 lb braid and about 3 ft of Ande 25lb mono leader material, 30lb if you can get them to eat it.
    A light Tarpon set up would be a Daiwa BG 4000 and Star Stellar Lite 7'6 heavy or 8' Heavy ,30 lb braid , 50 - 60 lb mono leader.
    Star Stellar Lite rods are excellent rods for the money , the Star SG1525FT80 is my tarpon and big snook rod. Bass pro is actually having a killer deal on them right now. Idk how long it will last. Free shipping.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/star...r-spinning-rod

3. Member
    thanks!

4. Member
    7'4" frog rod with Curado 300 on it work also?

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    7'4" frog rod with Curado 300 on it work also?
    Depends on how you want to fish , you could probably Carolina rig some live shrimp or pinfish on the bottom with that rig. You're not gonna be winging a 3" paddle tail on a 1/4 oz jighead too far with that rod. Saltwater fish , especially snook and trout will throw the hook if the rod is not limber enough.