Megalink…again

Hello all… just wondering if anyone has the pdf on how to change the Megalink out so it is replaced with rocker switches?? Please send a message if you can help a guy out. Thanks all, Jon

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I let Reggie know you need help....

3. Member
    Lea,

Looking for the same. The switch panel is doing some funky stuff and might be going out. Highly considering replacing them to rockers. I do not want any issues to happen during a tournament.

Thanks.
    2007 Champion 200 DC Elite

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I hope this is OK, but I think Tx Champ is working on this issue....

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bondy View Post
    Hello all… just wondering if anyone has the pdf on how to change the Megalink out so it is replaced with rocker switches?? Please send a message if you can help a guy out. Thanks all, Jon
    Jon, I was gearing up to reproduce the Champion rocker conversion and did produce a very few after converting my 210 in late 2019. I was retired at the time and it seemed like a great way to help out the owners with dead MegaLink. As luck would have it, I was approached to go back to work full time with an offer I couldn't refuse. So gone were the weekdays. That left me with weekends which I fish with 2 clubs, so 2 weekends a month were out leaving 2 for family and rocker conversion building. That trucked along for a while until the company that was making my blank panels for some reason has quit communicating with me and I've not been able to get any blank panels since December of 2020. After a couple of conversations with the owner, I though I might get some panels, but crickets still. For now I can't produce anything. I have the harnesses in stock and have some blank breaker panels but no cockpit or bow panels. I'm trying to locate other possibilities, but so far it will add to the cost considerably. I'll put you on my waiting list but it's going to be a long time. I can provide diagrams for the MegaLink harnesses I'd be glad to share. I know some have put switches in just to run the needed functions, no timers. Some extra wiring has to be run. there's a guy here in Texas that has put several of those in, but that would be a haul from Canada. Wish I had better news.

If it's not completely bad and is tripping the soft breakers ( the lights on the keypad will blink, I have a document that describes that. Main thing thee is to address the function that is giving problems, usually a pump drawing too much current. In most cases that will buy some time. PM me you email if you'd like copies of the docs I have.

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bma View Post
    Lea,

Looking for the same. The switch panel is doing some funky stuff and might be going out. Highly considering replacing them to rockers. I do not want any issues to happen during a tournament.

Thanks.
    Can you describe what it's doing?

7. Member
    Sometimes the power button stays on and will not turn off no matter if I push the button or not. Have to turn off at the breaker near the battery.
    2007 Champion 200 DC Elite

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bma View Post
    Sometimes the power button stays on and will not turn off no matter if I push the button or not. Have to turn off at the breaker near the battery.
    PM me your email and I'll send you the theory of operation I have

9. Member
    Mr. Reggie,

I'd like to know your theory, mine does the same thing that bma's does

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twt View Post
    Mr. Reggie,

I'd like to know your theory, mine does the same thing that bma's does
    PM me your email and I'll send you the theory of operation I have

11. Member
    Thanks Reggie. I’ve got a buddy poking around on it for the last few Saturday mornings. I’ll report back. Strangest thing is for the last few years (don’t ask how because it was a fluke) the only way I could get the power to work was to go in the bilge area and lift the bilge float. If I did that the power would be good all day. But this fall that stopped working…

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bondy View Post
    Thanks Reggie. I’ve got a buddy poking around on it for the last few Saturday mornings. I’ll report back. Strangest thing is for the last few years (don’t ask how because it was a fluke) the only way I could get the power to work was to go in the bilge area and lift the bilge float. If I did that the power would be good all day. But this fall that stopped working…
    Lifting the bilge float? Didn't that cause the bilge pump to run full time? Bilge pumps I figure are the early pumps to go since they can suck up trash and sludge unless you keep the bilge cleaned out.

13. Member
    No I just lifted it to make it kick on for a second. Then I had a full day of power.