Fishing Ultra Clear WAter of Northern Michigan

Here is a trip from last year fishing ultra clear water of Northern Michigan in the Lower Peninsula. Four and a half hours to get some fish in the boat and this lake never disappoints me for getting bites.

https://rumble.com/v29grce-northern-...66lt3&mc=9e0fe
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    I really like Walloon, just don't get up that way anymore.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

Quote Originally Posted by CGWright View Post
    I really like Walloon, just don't get up that way anymore.
    I do too, but I'm not sure how many more trips with the boat I have in the future. I may leave it home this year. It's getting to be lots of work when I go with the wife for just a few hours of fishing. Which is why I put together the videos for memories of the lakes. The drone certainly helps with some of the aerial view memories. I may just look into renting a boat somewhere when we go and see about staying on one of the lakes up there as an option.

Another great video! You do an outstanding job with these and I also enjoy them. I always tell myself I’m going to hit Wallon when I go to Charlevoix but I never have. I always have a blast on Charlevoix and just can’t make myself go to Wallon. Thanks for sharing.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    Another great video! You do an outstanding job with these and I also enjoy them. I always tell myself I’m going to hit Wallon when I go to Charlevoix but I never have. I always have a blast on Charlevoix and just can’t make myself go to Wallon. Thanks for sharing.
    That’s funny because I always say the same thing and still haven’t gone to Walloon either .
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    That’s funny because I always say the same thing and still haven’t gone to Walloon either .
    I certainly can't blame you guys. I always have this conversation with my partner Jim every time we head up there. He is a numbers guy and could fish Walloon every day if he had his choice. I like going for the big fish and sometimes that means a lot less bites. Charlevoix certainly has the potential for some giants. It figured the one year we didn't take the camera gear to Charlevoix, we were smashing big ones in 20 to 25 feet of water. We had several over 5. Fished that same area 3 times since then and have never duplicated it unfortunately.

7. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Last time I fished Walloon we caught a bunch of smallies, some hefty LM's, and good eating size walleyes.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

Quote Originally Posted by CGWright View Post
    Last time I fished Walloon we caught a bunch of smallies, some hefty LM's, and good eating size walleyes.
    It does have some good walleye in there. Caught couple real nice ones from there. I've never caught a smallmouth bigger than 4 1/2 lbs there. Caught some decent largemouth there, but never any giants. It's beautiful water to fish, and probably what keeps me coming back.