Passing a wire on X21…

Good luck! Trying to put in an another bilge pump. Complete nightmare. Wiring tube is full. I have a snake all the way from console to rear corner, can’t get it through. I tried another snake from rear to front, stops after about two feet. My Ranger would have taken me a few hours but the tubes were huge, old stratos was the same. These are only 3in at best and packed right full. Next I’m going to try a “grabber” blindly to see if I can grab the snake from the front. Using fiberglass snakes, flexible ones were just coiling in compartments which tell me tubes might not be through boat, just at beginning/ending of sections. 😡

2. Member
    Man, i hate to hear that. I just bought 40 feet of black and red 6awg marine wire. Currently has 8ga wire to the trolling motor. I was waiting for a weekend that was a little warmer to attempt pulling them through. Have you pulled off your shift controls/panel area? Maybe removing it will help with the access.

Make sure when you do finally get it through, you tie a piece of small rope/paracord to it and pull it through so you don't run into the problem again in the future. Will make your life a lot easier down the road.
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

4. Member
    Took off controls, did make it easier. The problem is back corner, just won’t make the turn. I will say my camera showed something, there is a “Y” right behind the drivers side seat. I get the time, be curious where that goes! May just button it up and give up. I can just wire an auto bilge in the rear compartment with fuse. It only comes on when it’s running and doesn’t draw power when it’s not. Not the most ideal solution but my patience is running thin. My camera also showed what maybe the issue. In the rear corner, you can see a support taking up half of the space in the “tube”! The tube appears to be cut or squashed there almost reducing all space by a half. I can reach in there, get my flexible snake in there and it just coils. Fiberglass one won’t go more than 6in. Don’t want to skin insulation in an aluminum boat! My boat dealer charged me $500 for an oil change (��, that won’t happen again), couldn’t imagine what it would cost to doing this but they have more experience than me! On a side note, watch leaving pliers or tools on you lids. I closed a front lid, got “stuck” and my needle nose gouged out some sea deck by wedging between lid and gunwale. If you didn’t know, seadek had green alien blood, there are tubes within it…filled with this thick green goo. ��

5. Member
    If I get it through, there will be a few extras along for the ride!

6. Member
    if this is for a second bilge pump with a auto switch go directly to the battery an put an inline breaker.

7. Member
    Exactly what I was going to do…you never need to “switch” the auto on…��

8. Member
    Spring here in Tennessee, waters warming, need to stir up some mud and do this next time I’m not fishing…��