Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Just that it was common for the T1/T2 series to have issues and they did not respond well to repairs was the gist of of it. I don't want to put words in his mouth b/c he didn't directly say "T1 sucks" or anything, just you could tell by the converstaion that he was not a fan of the T series generally. I think we most know the T1 got a rap for failing/slinging blades, and that the T2 was rushed into production as a replacement, and that recent years they have been very hit or miss as far as quality and balance. Older T1's supposedly are very good however.
    No I appreciate it. My boat I feel really likes that prop. But I think being the age it is it might be time to find a good backup plan. I know one could hit anything anytime, but I’m thinking just from an age, abuse, use standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    I had a blade come off my 6 month old T2 prop last summer. I found one on SIM Yamaha no problem. I just got my new one back from Yamaha under warranty though after 5 months so now I have a spare
    Actually talked to my dealer today as I was getting trim pump replaced, he tooks some pics and is going to see about getting a replacement for it from Yamaha. Although, he said it would not be quick, he's got 3 guys waiting on T2's warranty replacements apparently... Just no stock anywhere.

Actually talked to my dealer today as I was getting trim pump replaced, he tooks some pics and is going to see about getting a replacement for it from Yamaha. Although, he said it would not be quick, he's got 3 guys waiting on T2's warranty replacements apparently... Just no stock anywhere.
    So apparently I'm in the Warranty Que, which is cool, but am on a waitlist, and apparently it's going to be a while - as I mentioned there's several guys waiting, one has been waiting for over a year! :(.

Ok, found a lightly used T2 so have it on the way, that's my get back on the water prop should have it on for upcoming weekend. I suspect my T1 is beyond repair but will take some pics when I pull it - maybe Mark C. can fix it up enough to use as a spare or something. But will keep looking for another prop to have as backup.
    Have found a nice used T1, installed on the motor and will test it out this weekend to see if I want/need to send it off to be worked... But feel better now that I have a T1 and will have the T2 still to keep as a spare.

Fitting a spare prop in the ZX is another matter, however. Just not really any provison for storing a spare prop like some manf's have in the bilge or under the seat - so if I wanted to carry it, would likely need to take up room in one of the rear compartments.

Well I am prop cursed, I guess... was cleaning up the T1 and noticed what appears to be crack starting on one of the blades.. I'm about fed up with the T series. Put the T2 backup on for now, but I think it's time to explore other options...

Not sure which way to go... I see lots of recommendations for SHO 250's, I assume most will be applicable for the SHO 225 as well? ie 25 or 26 Tempest, 23 or 24 Scopion, or even Mark's Bravo (although last time I talked to him I don't think he had any available.

I'm a bit "stern light" right now, due to switching to all lithiums and having dual screens on bow along with motorized pole mount, 3n1, and dual AT's, so I think something with more cup/more bow lift would be desirable?

6. Member
    I have a tempest plus for sale. Just had it B&B and cup added to trailing edge for additional lift
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

2018 Skeeter ZX250 250 Yamaha SHO

You would love a 25 bravo
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by rxskeeter View Post
    I have a tempest plus for sale. Just had it B&B and cup added to trailing edge for additional lift
    What size?
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    I have a brand new (used once) 25 Tempest plus I'm gonna sell...not right for my boat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12