Nags Head Mid May fishing recommendations

Will spending a week at the beach in Nags Head the second week of May. My friend I are debating him bringing his bay boat since we have our wives and my adult daughter. Thinking just doing surf but might be interested in a charter. Anything recommendations for mid week options. I'm coming down from NY and they are from VA.
    2015 Crestliner VT 19 Pro Edition
    2015 Mercury 150 HP 4 Stroke
    Run mostly the Hudson river and creeks

2. Member
    The last time we were in Nags Head, we went out with a guide one day and had a fantastic time. Caught fish and brought some back to the house to eat. We surf fished and went crabbing the rest of the time. Great time and we didn't have to worry about pulling the boat., rigging it, launching, pulling it out, etc... We were able to be more flexible with our family activities as well.

Should have all sorts of options out of Wanchese that week. If you’re on FB check out the Surf Fishing North Carolina page and Carolina Inshore Fishing pages. May is a great time to fish down here, not as good as October but still good. You should be able to load up a cooler with whiting from the surf easy. Lots of tackle shops to get gear and info from. Support the locals.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Check Oregon Inlet fishing center for guide trips. Pier in Nags Head. Haven't been up there in years but back then you could get out on the beach at Oregon Inlet if you have 4X4 and you could fish off the Bonner bridge pier. If you get skunked there are some good fish markets there too.