Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I'm 5' 9" so the 3 inch rise is perfect for me. I can see where maybe not so good for someone your height. I have no problem with the steering wheel but I do have the tilt.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

2. Member
    Looks great Congrats! What prop did your boat come with?

3. Member
    Fury 23P. It came with none of the vent holes plugged. I understand the 4 strokes like to have them plugged so I did. Hole shot was good and it hit 68 mph which may be the only time it will go that fast. I have a hydraulic jack plate and since I've never had one on any of my previous boats there's going to be a learning curve for me.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

4. Member
    Same here with with the 23P. Haven't had the opportunity to get it in the water yet. My damn back has been hurting so bad I can’t even climb in it!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    Fury 23P. It came with none of the vent holes plugged. I understand the 4 strokes like to have them plugged so I did. Hole shot was good and it hit 68 mph which may be the only time it will go that fast. I have a hydraulic jack plate and since I've never had one on any of my previous boats there's going to be a learning curve for me.
    I have back issues from time to time and I was pretty uncomfortable on my 2 and 1/2 hour break in I did a couple of weeks ago. The seats sit so low for a guy my height that after a while my back started hurting I guess from having to stretch to see around or above the console. If you go back a page or 2 on this thread you will see the discussion on raising the seats. I wound up with a 3 inch riser which seems to be about perfect for me. I'm able to sit in the seat using the back rest. It feels like sitting in my previous Nitro which had comfortable seats and sat at the right height for me. My knees are my issue but no amount of seat adjustment will help with that. Just deal with it is all I can do.
    Jim

6. Member
    Congrats! Can you please post a pic of the rod organizers removed in your boat. I have been thinking of removing mine bit I don't have many rods to store. They are usually on my deck at all times. Thanks

7. Member
    Just makes for lots of room. I think I have 12 bass rods and 5 crappie rods in there. My wife says I can only use one at a time but what does she know.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim

8. Member
    Finally got a chance to take the boat out again today and did something I've never done before. I've had a number of bass boats in the past 50, yes, 50 years. Got my first one in 1972. I've never owned a boat that would do 70 mph and today I did it with this one. When I first started gaining speed it chine walked really bad in the low 60's but as I started raising the hydraulic jack plate the chine walk started disappearing. This is also the first boat I've had with a hydraulic jack plate so got some learning to do. I just wanted to see what it would do and now that I know 55 mph is good enough unless I'm outrunning a storm. At least I know it's there if I need it.
    Jim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123