Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    The low seat height is a complaint some have with the TRX's. There are some that have taken the seats loose and added in spacers to raise it up an inch or two. I've thought about doing this to mine but so far haven't done it. My problem with sitting so low is the effort/pain it takes to get up from such a low position, I'm not exactly a spring chicken any longer.

2. Member
    I raised mine 1.5” and it helped. It’s a bit tricky though due to the screws below the front edge of the seat. I am thinking of getting sliders.
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by got2fish View Post
    I raised mine 1.5” and it helped. It’s a bit tricky though due to the screws below the front edge of the seat. I am thinking of getting sliders.
    I just got thru raising my driver's seat with some 1.5 inch blocks. Those front screws come out with a square drive but not much room to work. They are 1 1/2" X 1/4" X 20 screws. I had some same sized bolts with 7/16 heads in stainless steel which I used to replace the screws. Much easier to use a wrench.

I had asked my dealer if they had any seat risers. I was just about finished putting on the blocks I made myself when I got a text that they had a set of risers, evidently made by Triton, that would fit my boat. They are carpeted. They were taken off another Triton. Anyway, they were shipped today so I'm hoping I can raise both seats. I had tried a 3 inch rise on the driver's side and it was very comfortable and set me up just about right but I decided the inch and a half would work and did look a little better.

If they work I'll post some pics.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

4. Member
    The problem I had is that the screws didn’t land in a good place with the 1.5” raise. I ended up using a piano hinge to get the right spacing. I would be interested in seeing what yours look like. I also would like to move the seats forward an inch or two. It feels like I am always leaning forward. It’s not too bad, but would probably feel better if I moved forward some. I bought my boat at Pro’s choice as well. Pete was good to work with and really went the extra mile to help me find the right boat. Good people to work with there.
    Dave

5. Member
    I've bought 4 boats from Pete. He's a great guy to work with and he's the reason I go 250 miles one way to buy a boat. Also, they carry more in stock boats than anyone in the country, or at least in my area, so lots of boat to compare and choose from. Just out of curiosity I added up their new boat inventory a week or so ago and it was 258. They have a bunch of Nitro, Tracker and Ranger aluminums right now. I think Triton's and Ranger glass boats are little harder to get.

It dawned on me that Triton went to a new seat with the 23 models so mine may be different from what you have. The seat bottom is held in place by 2 screws under the front edge that go thru a 1 inch aluminum tubing frame into a T-nut in the seat bottom. Once the two screws are out the bottom comes off. What's left is a square aluminum tubing to support the seat bottom that's held in place with 4 lag screws. The back is attached to the bottom frame so it comes out in one piece when the lag screws are removed. All I had to do was cut 3 pieces of 3/4 inch plywood I laminated together to give the 1.5 inch rise. I put the blocks under the sides and back part of the frame. I drilled holes thru the blocks using the frame as a guide so I didn't have to drill new holes in the fiberglass. I painted the blocks black first so they don't show much. I had to get longer lag screws of course.
    Last edited by jtrac; 02-21-2023 at 08:52 PM.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

6. Member
    You are right. I forget they changed the seats. Mine has screws through a bracket under the front edge. The bottom seat lifts out once these screws are removed. Using a 1.5” spacer put them right at the edge of the fiberglass base.
    Dave

7. Member
    Have any photos of how you did this? I definitely need to do the same on my 189 TRX.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmewar View Post
    Have any photos of how you did this? I definitely need to do the same on my 189 TRX.
    Here you go. Pretty simple actually. This is probably temporary as I think I'm going up to a 3 inch rise. I need to be about 3 inches taller but at my advanced age I think I'm going the other direction. The picture of my dash shows why I need the height which I guess is pretty common with this type of mount.

I used some 3/4 inch plywood pieces that I had laminated together to make the 1 1/2 inch blocks. I had made it for some woodworking project from however long back. I would think just some pieces of 2 X 4 would work. I've read not to use treated as it does not play nice with the fiberglass finish. I don't know if that is really true but a nice coat of paint should give pretty good protection to untreated boards.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jtrac; 02-22-2023 at 02:11 PM.
    Jim

9. Member
    Very nice

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    Picked it up today. I've had a couple of Triton's but it's been years ago. Once I get to use it I may have some questions. One thing I did ask the dealer is if the port side rod tubes can be removed. No one knew for sure. I prefer an open rod storage. My guess is they have foam around them and won't remove without a struggle. If that's the case they will stay.
    Super sharp rig....congrats
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

11. Member
    I've got a similar dash mount, Precision Sonar with Garmin 10". Thank you for the pics.

Does this height increase cause any issue with the backrest?
    Last edited by gimmewar; 02-23-2023 at 02:12 PM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmewar View Post
    I've got a similar dash mount, Precision Sonar with Garmin 10". Thank you for the pics.

Does this height increase cause any issue with the backrest?
    Not sure I understand the question correctly but the blocks raise the whole seat so the bottom and back rest stay the same. The only change is the height it sits. If you mean is the backrest still comfortable after the seat is raised I would say the whole thing is more comfortable. I don't feel like I'm sitting on the floor.
    Jim

13. Member
    Ok so looking at the photo (I Haven't taken mine apart) I thought the backrest was stationary and not part of the seat bottom, I'll take a look to make the change, thank you again for answering my questions!

14. Member
    I just got done raising my seats 3" on my 2019 20 TRX. I bought 4 pieces of 3" aluminum c channel from speedy metals to create the lift I was after. My boat has the slides, so the best way I found was to sandwich the c channel between the slides and seat frame. Only thing out of the ordinary needed was aluminum beveled washers (in my trade, we call them hillside washers) which level out the surface the nut tightens down to due to the angle of the inside web of the c channel.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/041s...DdqFF_auE-0ZGw
    Last edited by bigtimearcher; 02-25-2023 at 09:37 AM. Reason: added picture link

15. Member
    Nice job. I wonder if there is a reason Triton sets their seats so low. No other boat I've sat in seems to have that issue.

My dealer had a couple of 3 inch risers which he said were made by Triton. They were take offs from another boat. I got them yesterday. They are heavy as the frame is made from 1/4 inch aluminum. I think they were made for the seats for 22 models and back as the 23 models have a different seat. The bottom frame for my seat is almost too wide for the riser but not quite so I will be able to screw it down. The carpet is an exact match though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim

16. Member
    i like the grab handled that you added in there. Looks great.
    Last edited by got2fish; 02-27-2023 at 04:59 PM.
    Dave

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    Nice job. I wonder if there is a reason Triton sets their seats so low. No other boat I've sat in seems to have that issue.

My dealer had a couple of 3 inch risers which he said were made by Triton. They were take offs from another boat. I got them yesterday. They are heavy as the frame is made from 1/4 inch aluminum. I think they were made for the seats for 22 models and back as the 23 models have a different seat. The bottom frame for my seat is almost too wide for the riser but not quite so I will be able to screw it down. The carpet is an exact match though.
    I am going to see if I can get a set of these. This looks much better than what currently have.
    Dave

To the OP... who manufactured your trailer if you don't mind me asking? Thanks and very nice boat!!
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X